Milwaukee Avenue in Chicago

Since I dropped by to answer Lilly's post, I thought I'd do a quick Chemnitzer search. I found this:

Here's something else I found while in there. On the bellows, which look as though they have been repaired by someone in the past, I saw stamped twice the name

STAR MFG. CO.

2351 Milwaukee Ave. Chicago 47 Ill.

The apartment upstairs from the old Star shop on Milwaukee is now "Concertina Gallery", a non-commercial apartment art gallery. This is to art what house concerts are to music. Last month, I played (on my Star, of course) for the opening of their first exhibition, "No More Worlds."
Does Milwaukee Ave. have some special significance either musically or ethnically? The case of my Chemnitzer (kindly given to me by Mark Davies at Bradfield this year) originates from 769 Milwaukee Ave.
I think the ethnic significance (i.e. a lot of Polish immigrants) came first. The music shops followed.

Since I dropped by to answer Lilly's post, I thought I'd do a quick Chemnitzer search. I found this:
Here's something else I found while in there. On the bellows, which look as though they have been repaired by someone in the past, I saw stamped twice the name

STAR MFG. CO.

2351 Milwaukee Ave. Chicago 47 Ill.

The apartment upstairs from the old Star shop on Milwaukee is now "Concertina Gallery", a non-commercial apartment art gallery. This is to art what house concerts are to music. Last month, I played (on my Star, of course) for the opening of their first exhibition, "No More Worlds."
Does Milwaukee Ave. have some special significance either musically or ethnically? The case of my Chemnitzer (kindly given to me by Mark Davies at Bradfield this year) originates from 769 Milwaukee Ave.
I think the ethnic significance (i.e. a lot of Polish immigrants) came first. The music shops followed.

what is a star, and how did you play on it?