English concertina player in Edinburgh

Guest troach

I've asked your question on my own forums troach, so if I get any answers, I'll come back to you.

However, I've linked my threads over there, back to this one, so hopefully he'll come on here & tell you himself.

Must admit though, it doesn't sound like a typical Scottish Session ..... Too many Gentlemen! :lol:

e.g. You do know that the definition of a Gentlemen is someone who owns a Bodhran, but doesn't play it! ;)

Cheers

Dick

I've asked your question on my own forums troach, so if I get any answers, I'll come back to you.

However, I've linked my threads over there, back to this one, so hopefully he'll come on here & tell you himself.

Must admit though, it doesn't sound like a typical Scottish Session ..... Too many Gentlemen! :lol:

e.g. You do know that the definition of a Gentlemen is someone who owns a Bodhran, but doesn't play it! ;)

Cheers

Dick

'

So the Edinburgh quintet consisted of a 'fellow', two 'women' and two 'gentlemen'. Class distinction is obviously alive and well in Scotland ! I hope that 'ladies' are not becoming an endangered species !

So the Edinburgh quintet consisted of a 'fellow', two 'women' and two 'gentlemen'. Class distinction is obviously alive and well in Scotland ! I hope that 'ladies' are not becoming an endangered species !

Only in Morningside, Rod. ;)

Cheers

Dick

Hello,

Just back from a trip to Edinburgh Scotland. While there, we dropped into a pub called Whiski at 119 High Street for an evening of traditional music. The group included a fellow playing a 48 key English concertina. I didn't get a chance to say hello and was curious if anyone might know his name. This would've been Tuesday, Sept 28.

If it helps, the group consisted of our English concertinist in question, a woman on piano accordion, a gentleman on bohdran, a gentleman playing fiddle and low whistle and a woman playing fiddle.

Edinburgh was great. We stayed at the 94DR Guest House on Dalkeith Road and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Edinburgh.

Thanks!

All these Gentlemen were there any players?

very good!

You do know that the definition of a Gentlemen is someone who owns a Bodhran, but doesn't play it! ;)

I was brought up to believe that a gentleman was someone who can play the piano accordion (or bagpipes), but refrains! :huh:

Och Stephen, your giving your age away there. ;)

Don't you know that, in the last 30 years or so, the Bodhran was actually added to that list!

:lol:

You do know that the definition of a Gentlemen is someone who owns a Bodhran, but doesn't play it! ;)

I was brought up to believe that a gentleman was someone who can play the piano accordion (or bagpipes), but refrains! :huh:

Only refrains?

Not full choruses?
:ph34r:

The best guess so far troach, is that it was possibly David Corner, but I have no photo of him, for you to check out, sorry.
Not guilty!

I'm rarely at sessions in Edinburgh, and I rarely meet other concertina players in Edinburgh, so I've no idea who this might be.

The best guess so far troach, is that it was possibly David Corner, but I have no photo of him, for you to check out, sorry.
Not guilty!

I'm rarely at sessions in Edinburgh, and I rarely meet other concertina players in Edinburgh, so I've no idea who this might be.

Thanks for clearing that up David. ;)

So I guess that means, we can eliminate you from our enquiries ... as they say! :lol:

Cheers

Dick

Edited by Ptarmigan

Not guilty!

Thanks for clearing that up David. ;)

So I guess that means, we can eliminate you from our enquiries ... as they say! :lol:

No longer "a person of interest"?

A friend of mine met up with Edinburgh Concertina player Robert Chalmers last night & he confessed that it was probably himself, who you saw that night.

For the record, Robert is brother to another English concertina player, Norman Chalmers of The Easy Club, Cauld Blast Orchestra, Jock Tamson's Bairns etc.

Cheers

Dick