A Little Question

tamborileru

Hello!

I have watching the videos that you say (most of they are beautiful and amazing), and y have seen that there is some videos got in TV channels.

Some videos are from a program called "Geantraí", and the channel of this program is TG4. My questions are.

1. Is "Geantraí" a folk music program?

2. What means "Geantraí"?

3. Where is TG4 from?

Thank you for the videos, I have enjoyed a lot of watching then and listen to the music.

Geantraí is a series of television programs on traditional Irish music. There were a dozen or more programs broadcast last year, and now a new series is in progress. I think there were also programs prior to last year, but I haven't seen any of those. Each program presents several musicians, performing individually and in groups, in a pub setting.

Last year I, too, was curious what "Geantraí" meant, and the translation I found somewhere was "lively music." But of course I'm open to correction on that from a speaker of Irish.

TG4 is an Ireland-based, Irish-language television channel ... although, as you have probably observed, many of the commercials are in English. Something new this year is that the Geantraí programs have English subtitles. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TG4 for more information on TG4.

TG4 uploads clips of their shows directly to YouTube, and right now there are 141 listed from previous shows. On the left is an interesting note: For instructions, get the file "How to download from www.tg4.ie directly - far quicker.txt", and a link to the station.

http://www.youtube.com/TG4gaeilge

Thanks

Leo