Jody Kruskal Cds And Tune Books For The Holidays

I’ve been playing the Anglo concertina in a harmonic style for over 30 years. To date I have eight CDs and two tune books all available in time for the Holidays. These include songs from the silly to the sublime and tunes from a variety of traditions: Contra dance, morris, sword, Playford, Irish, Shetlands, Swedish, English and most recently American Southern Old Time.

See and listen to samples of the whole shebang right here: http://jodykruskal.com/buy_stuff.html

• "Grand Picnic" my original contra dance band, often imitated but never surpassed.
  • "Naked Concertina" my first solo CD. Original tunes from my tune book "Feet in the Clouds".
  • "Cool Tunes" is much like "Naked" in that they are both solo instrumental recordings of my original dance tunes. The selections are all included in my "Cool Tunes" book.
  • Then came "Liza Jane" - mostly Old Time tunes and songs with my playing buddies here from the NYC dance music scene.
  • "Paul & Jody" is a very traditional sounding CD of American tunes and songs with one of my favorite fiddlers.
  • "Concertina Boy" is mostly silly and suggestive songs with a few instrumentals. A large cast of musicians helps me out with this effort.
  • "Concertina Valentine" is all songs ranging from the tasty to the tasteless. A larger cast of musicians helps me out with this one.
  • "Waiting for the Boatsman" is my latest, just out, with the amazing Tennessee fiddler Luke Richardson all Old Time instrumentals.
Edited by Jody Kruskal