Tunes For Northeast Squeeze In

I have an editorial question in to Rich about the rhythm in the 1st measure of the 2nd ending in the A section, which is different from how the same figure appears elswhere in the tune. But I suspect it is correct as written.

I checked with Bob and that bit IS as he had intended, though he also said that he fully realizes that folks will play it however they do.

My fingering for that sequence of notes (a,d b,d) would be RH fingers 1, 2, LH 2, RH 2. The c after this phrase is RH finger 3. The last d could also use RH finger 1 and then the following c would be RH finger 2. I like the first way slightly more, it just feels good to use finger 3, no other reason.

bruce boysen

For the second measure of part B if I started the measure with RH 3 pressing the c button then I'd use RH 2 then RH 1 one the repeated note. This feels really good to me, very natural and fast. If I hit the c button with RH 2, then I'd just reverse the fingers on the repeated note, Rh1, RH2. Works just as well, I just like the first way.

bruce boysen

Edited by BruceB