English low G no sound on the push

Quick question - my low G on my Lachenal has decided to work in only one direction. I took the side screwss out and just fiddled with the reed, but it did not imptove the situation. This is generally a simple problem, I think - what do I need to do?

Thanks

Jay

A couple of the reeds on my concertinas stopped working recently (I think they tried to inhale a cat hair, though it may just have been dust). I opened up the instrument, Identified the relevant reed, slid it out of its mortice, cleaned it up a bit, vacuumed off the dust with a very small hand held vacuum, slipped a clean thin piece of paper under the reed toung to clean it, put the instrument back together again. If that didn't work the first time, I repeated the cleaning. All reeds recovered their voices. For one of the reeds I found that a new $1 bill worked well.

Interestingly I lost my own voice within minutes of one of the reeds choking. I got my voice back after a drink of water-- I didn't try that with the reeds (they're steel and might rust!)

A couple of the reeds on my concertinas stopped working recently (I think they tried to inhale a cat hair, though it may just have been dust). I opened up the instrument, Identified the relevant reed, slid it out of its mortice, cleaned it up a bit, vacuumed off the dust with a very small hand held vacuum, slipped a clean thin piece of paper under the reed toung to clean it, put the instrument back together again. If that didn't work the first time, I repeated the cleaning. All reeds recovered their voices. For one of the reeds I found that a new $1 bill worked well.

Interestingly I lost my own voice within minutes of one of the reeds choking. I got my voice back after a drink of water-- I didn't try that with the reeds (they're steel and might rust!)

Excellent - I'll try to do this tonight (minus the choking ... :lol: ) - thanks for the help!