Is This Reed Slow To Speal Or A Normal Variation?

A friend and I have been playing duets on our 30 button concertinas. I have a Norman and he has a Lachanel. Several weeks ago I had a slow to speak reed that was fixed due to the kind assistance/advice of Dave Elliot. (Reed would not speak during playing of songs at a fast clip--typical Irish music) I noticed on my friend's Lachenal, there were two reeds that "spoke" beautifully when playing "normally," that is during moderately fast playing--however, if you squeezed the bellows suddenly, from a dead stop, the reeds would choke up and no sound would come through. Neither of us are ultra fast players of Irish music and these reeds do not appear to pose a problem for him at this time. However, given my experience with my Norman, I was wondering if this is a normal variation of reed action that is of no consequence in "normal" playing of Irish music or if it would eventually present a problem as one's speed advanced. I don't want to make a mountainout of a mole hill, but I though it wouldn't hurt to put the question out to those with more experince.

Thanks!