Winter Squeezing In Devon And Somerset!

Ed Rennie

Hi all

Now, with winter drawing in, once more the old question of what to do with those long dark evenings?

Devon Squeezebox Foundation hopes to run Anglo Concertina workshops throughout the winter.

Naturally whether we do or not depends on if there is sufficient interest.

They will probably be in the South Hams, but it all depends where the interest is!

Email me via the website and let me know where in Devon you are and your level of Anglo Concertina eptitude.

Now these next two may be a little off thread, but you guys are pretty broad minded

Devon Squeezebox Foundation is also planning twice monthly D/G melodeon workshops from

October until May in North Devon at Great Torrington, East Devon at Harpford,

South Hams at South Brent and West Devon at South Tawton.

Open to musicians 12 years old upwards,

we cater for every level from the absolute beginner

to those after the tricky stuff

We also have a limited number of Melodeons available for hire for those who think they want to have

a go at playing but would like to try before they buy!

Lots more details on the website

AND

Squeeze Keys (Piano Accordions) workshops in in Lustleigh and Broadclyst

AND

We may well be starting D/G melodeon workshops in Somerset (Montacute and Bridgwater areas) if there is suffucient interest.

So there you are my concertinery chums, if you know of any "musicians" with these unnatural tendencies, point them in my direction!

Cheers

Ed

www.devonsqueezeboxfoundation.co.uk

AND

Hi Ed,

Sounds like the PA players have the best of the deal, especially in terms of the location! Does Alison still run the Lustleigh pub, and is dozey Murphy (Irish Wolfhound) still alive?

I've spent many a happy evening in the pub, whilst using it as a cycling base (1996/2001). I did one epic and memorable ride down to Sidmouth and back. En route, a bee found its way into my mouth, and did not leave before stinging me. A friend took my concertina to Sidmouth, but I was too tired to do anything other than drink in the Radway, and then contemplate the return ride. 70+ very hilly miles, as I recall.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - hope there is much interest in your plans.

AND

Hi Ed,

Sounds like the PA players have the best of the deal, especially in terms of the location! Does Alison still run the Lustleigh pub, and is dozey Murphy (Irish Wolfhound) still alive?

I've spent many a happy evening in the pub, whilst using it as a cycling base (1996/2001). I did one epic and memorable ride down to Sidmouth and back. En route, a bee found its way into my mouth, and did not leave before stinging me. A friend took my concertina to Sidmouth, but I was too tired to do anything other than drink in the Radway, and then contemplate the return ride. 70+ very hilly miles, as I recall.

Regards,

Peter.

PS - hope there is much interest in your plans.

Hi Peter

THanks for the good wishes.

The Piano Accordionistas getting the best deal? Possibly, possibly... Location may be lovely and the Cleave is a great pub (tho I've not been there in an age) but to balance, they do have to bear much unfair flack for

playing the piano accordion.

The wheel of life runs ever true...

Ed