Another Literary Reference

I call your attention to The New Policeman, by Kate Thompson, a young adult novel set in Kinvara, which ends every chapter with the music for a tune (many from O'Neills, but two written by the author) and in which concertina playing provides the reason for the protagonist to make a life-changing choice.

I initially bought the book for a niece, but decided to read a library copy after sending off her copy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, ended it by thinking I'd been away on a trip to Ireland.

The author has a web site listed below which includes several files of her playing (whether she is on the fiddle or concertina, I don't know) tunes played in the book.

My Webpage

I call your attention to The New Policeman, by Kate Thompson, a young adult novel set in Kinvara, which ends every chapter with the music for a tune (many from O'Neills, but two written by the author) and in which concertina playing provides the reason for the protagonist to make a life-changing choice.

I initially bought the book for a niece, but decided to read a library copy after sending off her copy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, ended it by thinking I'd been away on a trip to Ireland.

The author has a web site listed below which includes several files of her playing (whether she is on the fiddle or concertina, I don't know) tunes played in the book.

My Webpage

that's some great playing! i want a cd...