Real Tango Book

tanguero

Dear musicians , I would like to tell you that I had written “The Real book of Tango”, a similar to the American Jazz Real book

I’m a profesor from the National Academic of Tango in Buenos Aires, Argentine;this book is unique in this genre, and is very interest for musical analysis, performance , arranger and for music lovers who want to know about Tango, music and style.

The book is divided in three volumes: each volume contains aproximately 200 pages and around 130 tunes.If you buy the three books You have a total of 400 songs!

I had added some important bass passages and some variation, that they make the principal factor to understand the genre.

The tunes are selection from the beginning of tango,the ’30, the golden year and avant garde, to the present days.

Price for each book is U$s140 (send included)

If you buy the three book together the price is U$s370(send included)

If you have some question or want a sample, please feel free to contact me.

jnicolas_graciano@berklee.net

Sincerely

Julian Graciano

Buenos Aires-Argentina

muestra.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of music from your country, can you recommend any names of artists who played cowboy (gaucho) music back in the 1920s to 1950s? I would like to find some recordings - like guitar and singer by the camp fire - maybe with accordion too - pero yo no conosco los nombres.

Gracias,

Wild Bill

Speaking of music from your country, can you recommend any names of artists who played cowboy (gaucho) music back in the 1920s to 1950s? I would like to find some recordings - like guitar and singer by the camp fire - maybe with accordion too - pero yo no conosco los nombres.

Gracias,

Wild Bill

Bill, the best singer was Carlos Gardel who was considered National singer, couse sang tango and folk music from argentina.

Gracias,

Wild Bill

Bill, the best singer was Carlos Gardel who was considered National singer, couse sang tango and folk music from argentina.

Hi.

But Gardel wasn't a representative of rural folks, singing around camp fire. As I understand, Bill wants some down to Earth, working songs and the like. Gardel is a bit out there, besides he's the only one really known outside of Argentina.

I have this music in my head, that I must have heard before, of a gaucho playing guitar and singing way back when, like before World War II. It's solo - just him and guitar - but then I would also be interested in old Argentine music in small ensembles, like maybe including some type of accordion as well.

Muchas gracias.

I have this music in my head, that I must have heard before, of a gaucho playing guitar and singing way back when, like before World War II. It's solo - just him and guitar - but then I would also be interested in old Argentine music in small ensembles, like maybe including some type of accordion as well.

Muchas gracias.

The first record into tango are from Vicente Greco (1913)Eduardo Arolas(1914) and Magli Pacho(1911).

Betinotti was a singer and guitar player of rural folk song, he also sang with Gardel.

• 2 weeks later...

Gracias,

Wild Bill

Hi.

But Gardel wasn't a representative of rural folks, singing around camp fire. As I understand, Bill wants some down to Earth, working songs and the like. Gardel is a bit out there, besides he's the only one really known outside of Argentina.

Hi, Wild Bill.

I listen to alot of "folclore argentino". There are a couple of artists you might try. Atahualpa Yupanqui sings and accompanies himself on guitar; he is the godfather of Argentine folk music. You might also try Los Chalchaleros. They are not from gaucho country, but represent the genre as well. Both artists are easy to find. Sixto Palavecino sings and plays violin accompanied by guitars - very good also, probably closest to the "campfire" sound you mentioned. Mercedes Sosa sings and plays Argentine folk music, but more topical. I hope this helps. My wife's family is from Argentina so I've been exposed to some of this stuff...it's hauntingly, beautiful music!