Any More Info Available?

sympathy

I was given this beauty as a basket case by Geoff Wooff about 20 years ago when he still lived in Australia.

Peter (Stormy) Hyde rebuilt it perfectly over a couple of years and made a new seven fold bellows.

It's steel reeded and plays beautifull and I have gigged and recorded with it.

The serial number is 19815 (putting it somewhere around 1873 I think)

Any more info available?

post-1218-1118545118_thumb.jpg post-1218-1118545294_thumb.jpg

The serial number is 19815 (putting it somewhere around 1873 I think)

Any more info available?

Sympathy,

The Wheatstone ledger lists it in the April - June quarter of 1880, it is described as a "48 Baritone Steel Plain", the first of a batch of six.

Geoff Wooff is an old friend of mine. He now lives in Co. Clare, outside Miltown Malbay, only half an hour's drive away from me.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

The Wheatstone ledger lists it in the April - June quarter of 1880, it is described as a "48 Baritone Steel Plain", the first of a batch of six.

Geoff Wooff is an old friend of mine. He now lives in Co. Clare, outside Miltown Malbay, only half an hour's drive away from me.

Thanks for the information Stephen and if you happen to see Wooffy tell him that Ray Smith is alive and well and so is the Wheatstone!!