New Model March Madness

Greg Jowaisas

Three very nice New Model Lachenals for sale.

• The rosewood one is an exceptional instrument with a 6-fold Carroll Concertina bellows.
  • The ebony one is a good player with a 7-fold bellows
  • The rosewood one with the fancy fret work is apparently quite rare with only one other example that i know of. It is also a good player and has a 6-fold bellows.

As usual all instruments have been carefully tuned and properly refurbished. Prices and additional pictures upon request. Personal message me or email at: gjowaisas (type 'at' symbol) fioptics.com Donation made for sales through this site.

I also have some entry level, and intermediate englishes available as well as a Wheatstone Model 21 and a Lachenal Excelsior.

Greg

• The rosewood one with the fancy fret work is apparently quite rare with only one other example that i know of. It is also a good player and has a 6-fold bellows.

Nearly as rare as hen's teeth I'd say, I've never seen (nor heard of) a New Model with Edeophone style fretwork before - it looks lovely! Does it have Edeophone reeds too?

What makes me ask is that I'm slowly doing up a Wheatsone No. 6, raised-ended "best hexagonal" for myself, #25100, that's recorded in the ledgers as a "Black Gilt Fittings Special" - but what they don't mention is that it has the Aeola style "81 Fret" (with cutouts between the buttons) fretwork, gold-tooling on the bellows frames that I only otherwise know of on 4 Aeolas (the trio for the French clown and Sean O'Dwyer's "AG duet"), and long-scale (Aeola) reeds. In fact it's basically a 1910 de-luxe Aeola in a six-sided body...