F.s. 30B Mahogany C/g Lachenal 6-Fold Bellows

Greg Jowaisas

This is a very nice and tidy 30b Mahogany Lachenal with a 6-fold bellows. This nicer, six fold bellows gives it a decided advantage over the shallow 5-fold normally found on this model. New pads, valves and with fret work bushings that quiet the normally "clacking" buttons on a Lachenal. Tuned to standard pitch.

This might be your instrument If you are headed for a concertina camp this summer and are looking for a nice 30b that will sound good and play easily

It has a good set of responsive steel reeds and plays with a quick, light touch. Comes with a custom Jowaisas case. Before shipping I will check the concertina over to make sure it is playing to its full potential.

$1850 + shipping.

Greg

Edited by Greg Jowaisas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, this Lachenal 30b is still available. It is a very sweet playing instrument with responsive reeds.

I've sent you a personal message which you can see if you click the envelope in the RH side of the top bar on the discussions page.

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Greg,

Does this concertina have the standard Wheatstone/Lachenal layout? I know that some earlier Lachenals had a slightly different layout.

I still struggle with the best layout for me, I get the sense from the experienced players that you can make most any layout work...just not sure.

Steven