Betty Ackroyd and Little Tweet

I own an old cassette tape with the recording descibed below, of the two tunes from the Edison Bell 1929 recording. But I've just found it is damp., mouldy and unplayable because stored in a silly place. Aaaaaaargh! A posh-accented male voice introduced the actual recordings ..."an actual canary accompanying...." But web search found the extract about it below.

I also remember seeing a photo and article about Betty Ackroyd ... somewhere....?

Can anyone help?

from "The Field Recorder #78 March 8th 2012, extract from research by Chery Tipp

"...music hall act in Britain was The Auklands and Little Tweet. Little Tweet was dubbed the ‘Canary Caruso’ in light of his vocal virtuosity and skill, and the Auklands toured the music hall circuit from 1924 onwards. The singing canary would accompany Betty Aukland on the concertina and proved to be such an entertaining act that a record of Little Tweet performing ‘Bells of St Mary’s’ and Londonderry Air’ with the Auklands was released by Edison Bell in 1929. This feathered performer became quite the celebrity and was used in marketing campaigns to endorse products such as Capern’s bird food. "

I own an old cassette tape with the recording descibed below, of the two tunes from the Edison Bell 1929 recording. But I've just found it is damp., mouldy and unplayable because stored in a silly place. Aaaaaaargh! A posh-accented male voice introduced the actual recordings ..."an actual canary accompanying...." But web search found the extract about it below.

I also remember seeing a photo and article about Betty Ackroyd ... somewhere....?

Can anyone help?

from "The Field Recorder #78 March 8th 2012, extract from research by Chery Tipp

"...music hall act in Britain was The Auklands and Little Tweet. Little Tweet was dubbed the ‘Canary Caruso’ in light of his vocal virtuosity and skill, and the Auklands toured the music hall circuit from 1924 onwards. The singing canary would accompany Betty Aukland on the concertina and proved to be such an entertaining act that a record of Little Tweet performing ‘Bells of St Mary’s’ and Londonderry Air’ with the Auklands was released by Edison Bell in 1929. This feathered performer became quite the celebrity and was used in marketing campaigns to endorse products such as Capern’s bird food. "