Cheltenham Folk Festival

symon

I'll be at the Cheltenham Folk Festival dancing with Rag Morris this coming weekend. It would be nice to meet up with any other fine folk from here, if anyone else is going.

I'll be dancing and not playing, but I might drag my concertina along in case a session starts up while I'm there (or maybe even grab some quick tips and advice if I come across any English concertina players!).

I'll be at the Cheltenham Folk Festival dancing with Rag Morris this coming weekend. It would be nice to meet up with any other fine folk from here, if anyone else is going.

I'll be dancing and not playing, but I might drag my concertina along in case a session starts up while I'm there (or maybe even grab some quick tips and advice if I come across any English concertina players!).

Not going this year I'm afraid. Enjoyed it last year though.

Here's a vid from last year of the session there...some cnetters making an appearance ;)

Brilliant. Now I know where to go to find the session. Thanks.

You can't miss it. ;)

Its in the cafe bit...I chickened out joining in at the time...wasn't feeling confident enough. But I'd try it now.

Yes. I'm sure I popped my head round the door briefly last year, and then ran away! This year, I think, I may stay longer, even if I just end up listening rather than playing. We'll see. I might be able to drag a few of teh other dancers along to join in.

Yes. I'm sure I popped my head round the door briefly last year, and then ran away! This year, I think, I may stay longer, even if I just end up listening rather than playing. We'll see. I might be able to drag a few of teh other dancers along to join in.

Symon.

Sadly I won't be there either this year, but as a general rule of thumb (and this includes all sessions) just jump in and have a go, you'd be most welcomed. In fact, generally I prefer listening to people who are just starting out. We all had to start somewhere!

LDT

Not going this year I'm afraid. Enjoyed it last year though.

Here's a vid from last year of the session there...some cnetters making an appearance ;)

Great - hadnt seen that before - nice to see the two-instrument harmonicist switching between keys and as for that talented baby trombonist... young musician of the year! :D

Edited by Kautilya

I play the EC and I will be there Symon. If there is a session going on in the cafe, and it doesn't clash with anything else, I'll be there joining in, most likely. :)

Chris

I play the EC and I will be there Symon. If there is a session going on in the cafe, and it doesn't clash with anything else, I'll be there joining in, most likely. :)

Chris

Oooh, marvellous. I shall definitely pack my EC with the bells, rag shirt, monkey hat, and bottle of water, then.