SqueezEast 2009

SqueezEast 2009

A reminder that once again The East Anglia Concertina Players are arranging a

Concertina Band Day

on Sunday June 14th

at Stamford, Lincolnshire

Would you please let me know if you are thinking of attending?

The music is now ready for printing, and we need to know how many copies to order.

It would also be of help if you could indicate the system you play (English, Anglo, Duet), which voice your instrument is (Treble, Baritone, Bass) and in which Clef you prefer the music.(Treble or Bass)

The fee for the day, including refreshments, remains at £10.00, payable at the event.

The plan for the day is similar to previous years - the Ballroom opens at 9AM, and ready to start at 10 AM with an introduced to several pieces of music. After lunch we plan to refine one or two of them before going all out for the Showcase version. Following that will be opportunities for anyone wishing to show us their "Party Pieces" before we need to vacate the premises at 5 PM. Refreshments will be provided during the breaks.

Paul Barrett will once again lead the music; you may have met him previously at Sidmouth, Kilve, Mexborough or Whitby events.

Although our style of music is aimed predominantly at the English system, we have previously had Anglo and Duet players attending, and welcome players of any system wanting to try part playing. Our competence level is aimed at intermediate, which we understand as being comfortable playing "from the dots" and listening to what the leader tells you. If you feel that you are at post beginner level but would like to try intermediate level please do come along and join us as the leader is very patient and kind, with a sense of humour that will soon set you at ease. I am sure that we will all have an instructive and enjoyable day, and all in the company of other concertina players.

Stamford is a small historic town just off the A1 road, 12 miles North of Peterborough. It has a railway station that is within 5 minutes walk of the Arts Centre and with links to the main lines at Peterborough and Leicester. Apart from the town itself there are plenty of nearby attractions for non-players, such as Burghley House and Rutland Water.

Full details and travel directions are on my website www.lomil.co.uk

I hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you there,

David Nind

Email david@lomil.co.uk