Lachenal for sale

m3838

I'm selling my Lachenal Tenor in F. Need to move on and gather some funds.

It's a good one, with very interesting low voice.

In terms of "regular" EC it goes from low G up 2/5 octaves to high 'c'. So it has Jackie's range, but with all accidentals and duplicates.

But instead of been centered around C, it's centered around F, so it is "transposing" instrument. It means that if you pretend it's your regular C, any music you play from the dots will sound 5 tones lower.

It has long reeds, mellow tone and please visit this address to see the pictures and hear the sound.

I'm trying to gather some $3000 plus/minus and would like to hear what you say. I'm about to post it on Ebay and see if it gains interest, but first I'd like to offer it here.

I bought it from the Button Box, at $3000 and large plus, but got good deal on trade-in.

I think it's from 188something, but please look at it and listen to my humble playing it.

Thanks.

I'll keep my Jackie for now.

Edited by m3838

I think it's from 188something...

Though it's impossible to give an exact date for a Lachenal, I'd say it dates from around 1912.

Sorry to hear you're selling it, it appears to be a nice instrument - those Lachenal New Models are usually very nice.

Edited by Stephen Chambers

I think it's from 188something...

Though it's impossible to give an exact date for a Lachenal, I'd say it dates from around 1912.

Sorry to hear you're selling it, it appears to be a nice instrument - those Lachenal New Models are usually very nice.

Yes, it's a nice one.

By the way, please visit that address (see earlier post, in Red ink), I put two short audio files for comparison: Jackie Treble and Lachenal Tenor. It has considerable echo, sorry about that. It may clear questions about Treble vs. Tenor.

My Treble is in F, so it goes down to C below middle c, right? 5 tones down from Treble.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't sell. Didn't even come close to reserve. I wonder if people really think they can get such an instrument for $1500, it's like hunting used Lexus in perfect condition, having a budget of $3000. So it's still for sale, and my price is $2800.

Thanks.