A Funny Thing Happened.

PeterT

I'm sure that many will have a tale to tell, either from their own experience, or from someone else. I'll kick off with this one.

Back in the late 1980's, I was at Crawley Folk Festival. John Kirkpatrick and Sue Harris were playing in the evening concert, finished their spot and, I guess, put their instruments in the car.

The last band on in the concert was that of Tony Engle, who played both Anglo and Melodeon. Tony decided to finish the set with a couple of well known dance tunes, and, seeing John Kirkpatrick back in the audience, invited him up on stage to join in. John, pleading "lack of instrument" was given Tony's Anglo. Tony, in turn, picked up the melodeon, and away they went. Well, a couple of bars into the first tune, a very puzzled :unsure: John K. stepped away from the microphone and started listening to the Anglo, whilst playing. Ah, I thought, one or two different "accidentals"! However, it took John a few more bars before he was back at the microphone :) .

Next time that I saw John, I asked him about the incident. John mentioned that Tony's box had the accidental row tuned in the key of D, so it was a D/C/G box :D !

Peter.