Concertina Cartoons

LDT

Those on myspace or in the concertina flicker site will have seen these two cartoons. The one was inspired by a comment on a video and the other a special request ;)

And if you ask nicely I may do some more...

To miss-quote a famous Australian 'Can you tell who it is yet?'

post-6972-1233063687_thumb.jpg

post-6972-1233063700_thumb.jpg

Edited by LDT

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A klutz is a person who is clumsy, foolish, inept, or accident-prone. The term is perhaps derived from the Yiddish קלאָץ klots ('wooden beam'), cognate with the German Klotz, meaning a "block" or "lump". The British slang, pillock and the Australian slang, galah are used with similar meaning, particularly in terms of being foolish and inept.

Mike

the Australian slang, galah are used with similar meaning, particularly in terms of being foolish and inept.

I remember being told that the Australian slang word relates to a native species of bird called "Galah", which the early settlers found to be so unafraid of humans that it would allow itself to be approached, picked up, and subsequently cooked and eaten. :(

Is this a bit of a myth (or was the bloke winding me up)?

That Pete Trimming one is instantly recognisable. :lol:

OMG ....... I can't go anywhere without being recognised! What was the give-away?

Those on myspace or in the concertina flicker site will have seen these two cartoons. The one was inspired by a comment on a video and the other a special request ;)

Great job. I bet you'll have the C.net members queuing up to join your cartoon hall of fame.

Thanks!

Peter.

OMG ....... I can't go anywhere without being recognised! What was the give-away?

Well...any one of the beret, moustache or eyebrows would have done the job, but the three in combination provided what birdwatchers call a "jizz" (look it up, it's not rude, honest). ;)

the Australian slang, galah are used with similar meaning, particularly in terms of being foolish and inept.

I remember being told that the Australian slang word relates to a native species of bird called "Galah", which the early settlers found to be so unafraid of humans that it would allow itself to be approached, picked up, and subsequently cooked and eaten. :(

I suppose when hungry anything will do , such a pretty polly though.

The Galah, Eolophus roseicapilla, (IPA: /gəˈlaː/) is also known as the Rose-breasted Cockatoo, Galah Cockatoo, Roseate Cockatoo or Pink and Grey. It is one of the most common and widespread cockatoos, and it can be found in open country in almost all parts of mainland Australia

post-1416-1233075148_thumb.jpg

I suppose when hungry anything will do , such a pretty polly though.

The Galah, Eolophus roseicapilla, (IPA: /gəˈlaː/) is also known as the Rose-breasted Cockatoo, Galah Cockatoo, Roseate Cockatoo or Pink and Grey. It is one of the most common and widespread cockatoos, and it can be found in open country in almost all parts of mainland Australia

That bird looks a bit miffed about having its picture taken :blink: :unsure:

Well...any one of the beret, moustache or eyebrows would have done the job, but the three in combination provided what birdwatchers call a "jizz" (look it up, it's not rude, honest). ;)

Well, today, I was beret-less. Still had a security chap, with a huge dog, asking what I was doing. We ended up having a chat for about 20 minutes. He got talking about "Broadmoor", which I trumped with "Parkhurst" (he hadn't been in there!).

As to what I was doing; well, not concertina-related, but see my YouTube channel when the short video clips are up-loaded.

Regards,

Peter.

Well I can recognise the one on the right,but the grey haired one on the left with the stripy jumper ?

Al

Well I can recognise the one on the right,but the grey haired one on the left with the stripy jumper ?

Al

Well, it inspired me to buy some honey at Fanny's Farm Shop, today!

Well, today, I was beret-less. Still had a security chap, with a huge dog, asking what I was doing. We ended up having a chat for about 20 minutes. He got talking about "Broadmoor", which I trumped with "Parkhurst" (he hadn't been in there!).

As to what I was doing; well, not concertina-related, but see my YouTube channel when the short video clips are up-loaded.

You trying to escape from prison? ;)

Al

Who could that possibly be? :P lol!

Clue: Maybe as he's playing the concertina I should make him frown more?

I think I've spent most of my life trying to do that! blink.gif

You live in a prison? :blink: Is it like the great escape? lol! And you play the concertina to cover over the noise of the digging....

I didn't know if I should do a couple of concertina related cartoon designs and have them put on badges or stickers or something?

Or is that just a ridiculous idea?

Edited by LDT

I didn't know if I should do a couple of concertina related cartoon designs and have them put on badges or stickers or something?

Or is that just a ridiculous idea?

Others will probably know better than I but I think that these would sell at festivals and so on. Let's see what others have to say.

Ian