Arran Concertina Event 2008 - 3rd To 6th October 2008

This will take place 3rd to 6th October 2008. The Arran Concertina Event is an informal weekend of music making akin to a concertina house-party for all ability levels and systems - the concertina tolerant (musicians or not) are also very welcome. Sessions are devoted to whatever is suggested by the wishes and abilities of the participants and the weekend ends in us swamping the local folk session with wonderfulness!

Full details are in the attached Word document, or please feel free to PM me with questions.

Hope to see many old friends and make many new ones this year!

Samantha

ACE_2008_leaflet.doc

• 1 month later...

There are still places left at this event, so please do get in touch if you'd like to come. The band sessions (entirely voluntary, and definitely for all comers) will include a Bach chorale, a Pavan by Bird and and arrangement of Planxty Irwin ... Music (sheet music and hopefully sound files) will be available in advance ...

Samantha

• 5 weeks later...
This will take place 3rd to 6th October 2008. The Arran Concertina Event is an informal weekend of music making akin to a concertina house-party for all ability levels and systems - the concertina tolerant (musicians or not) are also very welcome. Sessions are devoted to whatever is suggested by the wishes and abilities of the participants and the weekend ends in us swamping the local folk session with wonderfulness!

Full details are in the attached Word document, or please feel free to PM me with questions.

Hope to see many old friends and make many new ones this year!

Samantha

Hello Samantha,

I'm sorry I missed this but I'd be interested to hear how it went?

I only learned about this event today, but I'd be interested in coming over next year?

Photos / YouTubes from the weekend would be a welcome bonus! ;) :lol:

Cheers

Dick

I'm sorry I missed this but I'd be interested to hear how it went?

We all missed you Dick :(

Have a look at this post.

Thanks Henk,

I remember we had a family holiday on Arran, back in the 60s.

We stayed on a wee farm in the middle of the island.

It is a beautiful place alright.

Cheers

Dick

• 7 months later...