Lost Metal Ended Wheatstone Tenor - 1960S Make

Dwhthompson

Hello all.

I did something incredibly stupid this past Saturday evening around 7:30 PM. I had been at an all day session and yes some beer had been consumed and on my way home I seem to have lost my wheatstone tenor english concertina. I am known to be absent minded but am usually obsessively careful with my musical instruments - having been trained from youth.

I am fairly sure that I left it in a taxi going home from Clapham South (London) .. I had a couple of melodeons with me as well and didn't realise that I was missing the concertina until I started to unlock my door at which point the taxi was already gone. I guess it may have been left on route from Pimlico to Clapham South station - Victoria to Northern lines ... but I think I would have noticed sooner ... hopefully.

I have attached a couple of pictures here but the box was a 1960s make 48 key tenor box - metal ended - black and inside a black case.
The top Eb on the left hand side doesn't sound on the draw and the D# also left side one octave down warbles on the draw.

Have notified TFL and the police but the person who answered at TFL lost property office didn't know what a concertina was and I am not sure she understood my explanation. So I am gutted and not with much hope at present.

If anyone encounters the box I will be happy to offer a reward for its return. Sadly, I had reached the point where this was my favourite box to play. My mobile number is 07533 635 116.

Cheers,

David

post-9129-0-16483600-1359717789_thumb.jpg

post-9129-0-95347000-1359717803_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share the great news that I have been reunited with my box this morning. Ended up incredibly lucky in that the next person who hailed the taxi found the box and decided to spend time trying to find the owner.

He eventually contacted Steve Dickenson, having done a google search on Wheatstone, who saw this posting and put me in touch with the finder.

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to share the great news that I have been reunited with my box this morning. Ended up incredibly lucky in that the next person who hailed the taxi found the box and decided to spend time trying to find the owner.

He eventually contacted Steve Dickenson, having done a google search on Wheatstone, who saw this posting and put me in touch with the finder.

Hooray!

Congratulations.

I hope you (and others reading this thread) have learned some lessons.
  • Put your identifying information on or in the case. I even have a post-it note with mine inside the concertina.
  • Keep a record of the serial number and take photos.
  • Insurance.
  • Develop habits that will make it less likely that you will leave your instrument in danger of being lost or stolen.
Have I left anything out?
[edited for typo & formatting]
Edited by David Barnert