35 key Lachenal New Model F-Tenor for sale

conzertino

For many years I had been looking for an F-Tenor concertina, as I love to play a fifth down with normal treble fingering ( no need to transpose ). So I bought this new model Lachenal tenor off Chris Algar when it came up at ebay. It was well used and in a strange mix of tuning. It was partially F-tenor, partially treble layout. So I dropped it off with David Robertson for a total restoration - which he did very well!

The position of the keys with respect to the finger-rests suggests that it was made as an F-Tenor!

By the time he finished, I had found and bought a great Aeola-Tenor, which I changed to F-Tenor layout. As I can not justify two instruments of the same type, I now decided to sell the Lachenal.

In fact, I have not seen or played the "new" instrument myself, as it still is at David's place - and I live in Germany.

I hope that David will add his impression of the instrument and a list of the work carried out to this thread.

Here some pics of the beauty:

ft1.jpeg

ft2.jpeg

ft3.jpeg

I know that times are hard, but I am looking for a price of 2.000 Pound ( or as close as possible ;-)

If it doesn't sell, I will have it sent back home....

I have always had a bit of a weakness for the New Model, and this one of Robert's is a rare example in lovely condition. It wasn't bad when it arrived, so it was a pretty standard restoration: new pads, valves, springs, straps, bushes and dampers, buttons and fittings polished, and the woodwork rubbed down and French polished.

For the avoidance of doubt and confusion, I have attached a layout, which is standard for an EC in F, except for a low Bb on the right hand where you would expect to find a C#.

Edited by david robertson