Jody Kruskal plays my Dipper baritone

During his recent English tour Jody stayed with us and I took the chance to record him playing my Dipper C/G baritone anglo. Since my stroke a few years back (which affected my left hand) I haven't really been able to do this instrument full justice, so it was nice to hear Jody give it the treatment it deserved. With his permission, here are the two tunes I recorded:-

(For the technically minded I recorded this using a Rode NT4 stereo mic with Mackie Onyx 800R preamp into an M-Audio Profire Lightpipe with Logic Pro recording software, and a smidgeon of reverb from a Powercore VSS3).

Cheers,

Chris

lovely stuff, lovely dipper baritone.....an anglo dipper baritone is the luxury "extra" i would covet most....within the last couple years a new or as-new dipper anglo baritone was (briefly, of course) for sale here and i could not buy it, but oh, how i wish another would come along.....it's those mary macnamara baritone tracks that put it on my dream list.... :rolleyes:

Thanks for this! I remember well this man, I saw him in a concertina festival in Kilrush, Ireland, on August 2008. He's so good! very fine music he did there, nice ragtimes I remember

I love the first tune! I wonder where it is from, american?