NESI is Coming Soon -- any threads?

New England Squeeze-In is only 3 weeks away, but I don't see any discussion of it here. I'm going, and taking my lady of 38 years with me too (she claims to have contradanced once or twice, or about equal to me :rolleyes:

Some questions I have:

1. Will there be a concertina Orchestra this year? If so, who's conducting -- Rachel Hall? What are we playing?

2. I may want to lead an informal session on playing written arrangements on the Hayden or other DUet -- shoud I jsut put this up on the bulletin board?

3. Should I be directing these quesitons to The Button Box?

4. Is there a pinned thread somewhere here that I should be using?

Thanks, Mike K.

New England Squeeze-In is only 3 weeks away, but I don't see any discussion of it here. I'm going, and taking my lady of 38 years with me too (she claims to have contradanced once or twice, or about equal to me :rolleyes:

Some questions I have:

1. Will there be a concertina Orchestra this year? If so, who's conducting -- Rachel Hall? What are we playing?

2. I may want to lead an informal session on playing written arrangements on the Hayden or other DUet -- shoud I jsut put this up on the bulletin board?

Thanks, Mike K.

I got my 'official' notice today in the post but noticed that the header says Sept 25, 26, 27 and the schedule says Sept 19, 20, 21. I hope that the Sept 25 date is still correct or I'll need to scrabble on airline reserations!

Some questions I have:

It is very likely, if someone is there to conduct and bring music. As you know, Rich M. alway did it until a few years ago, so it may depend on whether Rachel is coming this year.

Yes. Rich would have been pleased to have you step in here.

Thanks, Mike K.

Well, we'd better tell Doug about the date goof up, and he may know if there is an orchestra planned (you can always sit in with the piano accordion group!). I'm certain it is the later dates, but I imagine Doug will want to send out a mass email and post something here when he learns of the typo. There are lots of old threads...I'm sorry, we pin very few of them, as pinning every thread of interest on the forums would soon become self defeating. One of the search wonks will chime in here and find them for us.

It is my favorite musical event all year, glad you are coming!

Ken

edited to add: I sent Doug a note by fast carrier pigeon

Great. Although I guess that means we won't be room mates again this year.

Some questions I have:

Sure. Go for it. Just choose a time and place that works for you and stake your claim.

Doug is away but the Buttonbox have officially told me they goofed on the paper and it is, as you all thought, the 25th to the 27th.

There is another mistake in the mailed confirmation. It's in the directions. For those coming from the Mass Pike Exit 2, the landmark that until recently was the Belden Tavern is misidentified as "Long John's Auction House." In fact, it's "LuJohn's Auction Gallery."

Great. Although I guess that means we won't be room mates again this year.

Hi David. Yes, sorry about that -- we were ideal roomies -- never in at the same time, and you don't snore.

Some questions I have:

Sure. Go for it. Just choose a time and place that works for you and stake your claim.

Thanks -- all moral support greatly appreciated!

Doug is away but the Buttonbox have officially told me they goofed on the paper and it is, as you all thought, the 25th to the 27th.

There is another mistake in the mailed confirmation. It's in the directions. For those coming from the Mass Pike Exit 2, the landmark that until recently was the Belden Tavern is misidentified as "Long John's Auction House." In fact, it's "LuJohn's Auction Gallery."

Hah -- that mistake was discovered last year! Thanks for reminding us.

THis will be the first NESI without RIch. I hope we do him proud.

--Mike K.

Hah -- that mistake was discovered last year! Thanks for reminding us.

It was I who pointed it out last year, and it was also I who pointed out, the previous year, that it was no longer called "Belden Tavern." None of the BB staff ever goes that way, coming from the east as they do, so they never see the sign.

Hooray NESI! It'll be so much fun, I can't wait.

I was new last year and fell in love with it. I recommend everyone attend!

People are so nice and friendly (especially to beginners) and the music is stupendous. The cabins are wonderful, cozy and yet outdoorsy, a good night's rest close to nature... the food is amazing, lots of it and lots of variety, plenty to pick from... I'm really hoping there will be another Quebecois tune class..that was my favorite last year. I loved the fire in the fireplace, the interesting people I got to meet from every walk of life, I'm hoping to see many faces again that I'll recognize, all incredibly talented and yet never stuck up or proud, the beauty of the landscape, the sky stretching out overhead with millions of stars lighting it up, the fantastic classes, the great music, the fun and impressive performance Saturday night and the contradance! I will miss Rich Morris whom I only got to meet for the first time last year at NESI, but who made a lasting impression on me, so kind and knowledgible, the true spirit of the concertina player and builder. I'm counting the days! Hope everyone will come!

Unfortunately I'm not much better at it than I was last year when I had barely held one in my hands for the first time, am practicing now on a beautiful Lachenal, unworthy of me, but I want to be good at it someday.

I'm looking forward to lots of inspiration at NESI, the pro's and the amateurs alike. It's just a beautiful place to go, and the nicest folks you could hope to meet, and music prettier than you'll hear anywhere!

Priscilla

I've been working on the C#D accordion for the last year with a few of the quebecois tunes. I'm all for learning a few more. I've been trying to transcribe quebecois tunes from the SPTDQ school here in Montreal. Making progress but lots more to do. They will be going up on our website as soon as I have them ready (Montreal Session Website)