Morris a life with bells

Hmm. I haven't seen the film (yet) but it sounds interesting. Of course, I don't really know much at all about Morris dancing, either, though I believe there is a group not to far from where I live, so I'll have to look into it.

I'd like to see the movie though, glad that it'll be available. :)

Of course, I don't really know much at all about Morris dancing, either, though I believe there is a group not to far from where I live, so I'll have to look into it.

This is not guaranteed, because there are a few pretty rough sides around, but the chances are you'll have a ball and learn an awful lot about playing for dance. Go for it, I should. (and if you say "side" rather than "group" you'll sound like a native pretty quickly).

Chris

Hmm. I haven't seen the film (yet) but it sounds interesting. Of course, I don't really know much at all about Morris dancing, either, though I believe there is a group not to far from where I live, so I'll have to look into it.

I'd like to see the movie though, glad that it'll be available. :)

It's a really good film & no previous knowledge of Morris dancing or the UK is required to enjoy it, though of course there are some subtle "in" jokes in it for those in the know.

It looks like it's going to be released on DVD in the US.

I just checked on Netflix (online DVD rental service in the US).

No release date of the DVD yet, though.

Hi Jileha

That page on Netflix has been there for a year. I think they do that with every title ever made in anticipation. :blink:

But from one of the sites of Twist Films is this:

Dear Follower of Morris

GREAT NEWS!

Thanks in no small part to you, we have a deal with the Picturehouse/City Screen chain of cinemas to give Morris a national release from the 27th September 2009.

The film will open on the following screens on that Sunday, so save the date and let's make the 27th of September into St Morris Day!

The Little Theatre, Bath

Exeter Picturehouse

Harbour Lights Picturehouse, Southampton

Regal Picturehouse, Henley-on-Thames

Cinema City, Norwich

Phoenix Picturehouse, Oxford

Stratford on Avon Picturehouse

City Screen, York

The Cameo, Edinburgh

Belmont, Aberdeen

The Screen at Oxted

The Screen at Reigate

The Screen at Winchester

The Ritz Cinema, Belper

Other dates and venues will be added, but I wanted to let you know the good news straight away!

We could not have got this far without your help. We at Twist Films have been humbled by the support you have given us. Your emails, letters and comments on the petition have given us hope and laughter in our darkest moments. Your belief in the film has strengthened ours.

I would like to end with a comment from the petition:

"We will fight them on the Village Green.

We will fight them at the Villlage Fete.

We will fight them in the Village Pub.

And we will NEVER surrender!"

Thank you. This dance is for you.

Lucy

Twist Films

http://www.morrismovie.com

Twist Films Morris Ltd 2009

I think it will be a while before we see it on this side of the pond. If and when that happens I'll bet there is an announcement from Lucy.

Thanks

Leo

Edited by Leo

It looks like it's going to be released on DVD in the US.

I just checked on Netflix (online DVD rental service in the US).

No release date of the DVD yet, though.

Hi Jileha

That page on Netflix has been there for a year. I think they do that with every title ever made in anticipation. :blink:

Geesh, if you can't even trust your video store anymore... where's this world coming to? :o

Here is a message from Twist Films:

Jessica Strauss sent a message to the members of Morris: A Life With Bells On.

--------------------

Subject: Morris: A Life With Bells On Original Soundtrack - Pre-order now

Dear Follower of Morris

Twist Films is pleased to announce that Dreamboat Records will be releasing the Morris: A Life With Bells On Original Soundtrack on the 28th of September 2009. The soundtrack is available for pre-order NOW through the Dreamboat Records Store at http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.dreamboatre...s.co.uk/morris/

As a special offer, all pre-orders received before the 19th of September will be entered into a draw to win a pair of tickets to the Morris: A Life With Bells On film premiere in Leicester Square, London on the 24th of September. In addition, 50 randomly selected pre-orders received before the 28th of September will receive a copy of the CD soundtrack signed by Chaz Oldham (star of the film) and director Lucy Akhurst. If that wasn't enough, all pre-ordered CDs will come with a unique download code for four extra, exclusive bonus tracks.

The soundtrack comes packed with 31 magnificent tracks written by Richard Lumsden ranging from traditional folk music to orchestral arrangements to pieces that will ensure your Morris gear gets a workout. (If you don't have any yet, you will be buying some after watching the film!) No scrimping on quality either with some of the country's best folk musicians (John Dipper , Saul Rose and Laurel Swift) getting involved to create this magnificent soundtrack.

And if you just can't wait, head to http://www.facebook.com/l/;www.dreamboatre...s.co.uk/morris/ to hear some previews and more information.

Twist Films

--------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/n/?inbox/readmessa...74552G26315f2G0

There is a Facebook group for fans of 'Morris: A Life With Bells On'. This group has postings, containing all the latest information on the film, including details of forthcoming screenings, useful for anyone interested in seeing the film.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like its going on wide release.

Article from The Independent

Simon

That is good news.

Ian

...... and typical that the photograph of North Wood Morris does not show the musician. :(

...because he's the most important part of a side...

Ian

Well, at least the photograph which appeared in one of the national papers, the next day, showed the musician. Or, perhaps to be more specific, the musician's beret.