English Concertina Music On Ebay

I am not the one selling this, nor do I know the seller, so I did not post this in Buy & sell. I am just hoping all English Concertina players here know about this auction, because I would hate for this to go into the hands of someone who wont play the music.

THe auction ends in a few hours

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3717533091

I am just hoping all English Concertina players here know about this auction, because I would hate for this to go into the hands of someone who wont play the music.

Looking at the "book", which is clearly a modern reprint and most probably brand new, I find it hard to imagine that only one copy has been produced. But I did intend to contact the seller and find out if he's also selling copies off eBay, and I forgot.

I'd like to find out more about this too. Jim, if you find out if the seller is making more copies available I'd like to know. I really like the Faulkner Brandon arranged pieces in Dancing With Ma Baby, so I'd probably enjoy these arrangements.

Is anyone from concertina.net bidding?

bruce boysen

...if you find out if the seller is making more copies available I'd like to know.

Well, I'm waiting for a reply from the seller. Meanwhile, the book went for £42.98 (eBay estimated conversion: $77.28). I might consider that reasonable for a unique copy, but rather high if it's going to be a generally available item.

On the other hand, I know who it is that bought the book (he will be reading this post), so if the seller is not making further copies available, the buyer could (as all the material is long past copyright), and he could thus get a good return on his purchase.

I suggest we all stay tuned. The next revelation may well come from someone other than me. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I just bought the Faulkner Brandon book along with a reprint of the Regondi tutor. I found them on Ebay and bought them with the Buy It Now feature. You should be able to find them if you want them.

I like the Faulkner Brandon arrangements I've tried, so a book with 140 of them should be great. I've also wanted a copy of the Regondi tutor too. I believe the same source is going to make some other valuable reprints available too.

bruce boysen