The wait is killing me

LDT

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A few days .. but then they get stuck in customs for a few months, that's if they don't blow em up on basis that they're suspicious objects :)

I hope I get a customs officer that knows what a concertina is. ;)

I'm hoping it will arrive by EATMT in September.

30-button Tedrow? This'll have you back playing non-stop, & no more inclination to make heretical statements about how much more fun it is to play Melodeon.

I'm not so sure, it sounds as though LDT is off to "Traditional Music Day" in stowmarket. This years focus is on penny whistles, mouth-organs and jew’s harps.

Ooooh, its coming! My concertina. How long do concertina shaped parcels genearally take from the US to UK?

Just like "a watched pot never boils", "a waited for concertina never arrives". Also, the package won't be concertina shaped, it'll be a cube...or at least it started out as a cube, after going through the caring hands of the postal service, there's no telling what it'll look like. I hope it's insured. :(

Just kidding! :P I'm sure it'll be fine. :ph34r:

Ooooh, its coming! My concertina. How long do concertina shaped parcels genearally take from the US to UK?

Just like "a watched pot never boils", "a waited for concertina never arrives". Also, the package won't be concertina shaped, it'll be a cube...or at least it started out as a cube, after going through the caring hands of the postal service, there's no telling what it'll look like. I hope it's insured. :(

Just kidding! :P I'm sure it'll be fine. :ph34r:

drbones, how long did it take you to get your Crane from Chris?

My Bastari Hayden bandoneon took all of 10 days to arrive from the UK (wherever Brian Hayden himself mailed it from) to northeastern USA. I was impressed. THe box was indeed a cube, and still a cube. It had not been mistreated, and US Customs ignored it, whew!

--Mike K.

just checked

what does

"International Dispatch, August 08, 2009, 6:31 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)"

mean? Does it mean its left US yet?

they need a glossary for the terms on that tracking bit.

drbones, how long did it take you to get your Crane from Chris?

Rod,

It didn't come directly from Chris's shop, but it did come from the UK through a shop called Phils Historic Instruments on Ebay.

If I remember correctly, it took about 2 weeks.