HTML tags in PMs

For the last few weeks quotes, urls, images etc don't seem to work in my PMs, either sent or received. Is there a problem with tags in messages or have I managed to turn them off somehow? Everything works normally in forum posts, it's just my PMs that have the problem and I can't find anything in the control panel to switch HTML tags on/off.

Anybody else having trouble?

Perhaps the admins have switched off the tags to prevent spammers firing off dodgy PMs to all and sundry full of links to dodgy websites.

Paul would be the one who can tell you, but it wouldn't surprise me after the raft of spams to everyone with "click this" in them. Remember that? And the long thread where all of you reported your reactions? So I expect he shut if off to prevent replays. You can always insert an address without the leading http and have your recipient paste it manually into their browser.

Ken

Perhaps the admins have switched off the tags to prevent spammers firing off dodgy PMs to all and sundry full of links to dodgy websites.

Paul would be the one who can tell you, but it wouldn't surprise me after the raft of spams to everyone with "click this" in them. Remember that? And the long thread where all of you reported your reactions? So I expect he shut if off to prevent replays. You can always insert an address without the leading http and have your recipient paste it manually into their browser.

Unfortunately, it's not just the links that are shut off, it's all tags, including italics, like the word "all" earlier in this sentence, and things like centering and even quoting.

I've been noticing this when I "Preview Post", but kept forgetting to ask about it, and didn't know whether the formatting was showing when others received my PM's. If tags aren't going to work, maybe the tool bars that allow you to insert them should be removed?