Suttner A2 metal ended c/g, Edgley professional Ab/Eb, Wakker midi

Chris Allert

three concertinas for sale.

the suttner is #298, C/G metal ended A2, jeffries layout. asking 6k usd. best offer gets it. buyer pays shipping.

the edgley is an Ab/Eb, tuned for irish music. wheatstone layout. asking 2k usd. best offer gets it. buyer pays shipping.

make me an offer on the wakker midi anglo.

here's a video of me playing the suttner at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUNS5tNuBQ

Chris, I've sent you several pms, but no reply. I am interested in your midi.

three concertinas for sale.

the suttner is #298, C/G metal ended A2, jeffries layout. asking 6k usd. best offer gets it. buyer pays shipping.

the edgley is an Ab/Eb, tuned for irish music. wheatstone layout. asking 2k usd. best offer gets it. buyer pays shipping.

make me an offer on the wakker midi anglo.

here's a video of me playing the suttner at home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPUNS5tNuBQ

The usual protocol when someone intends to sells an instrument whether or C.net or Ebay is that one lists the posting or advertisement and then waits around to answer questions from any prospective buyer and answers P.M's and emails. Some adds read that items MUST be sold at once....such as in a "fire sale" or an imminent divorce or emergency....when there is no response at all after nine days....one wonders if the seller got "trapped" in the fire of a burning house or situation.

When several prospective buyers get "hooked" by an advertisement or display some interest it would be nice to know at least if the instruments were sold privately to a non C.net member or a member....in which case one would write the expected line....."Instrument(s) are sold...thank you very much....and a donation will be sent to C.net in care of Paul Schwartz." Or at the very least delete the posting....or if the seller got trapped in a burning building, or the plane went down, train got derailed, boat floundered one would want to send condolences to the family.

Chris, if you are still around...let us know which instruments are still available....if you are in Vegas on vacation...make sure your concertinas do not stay in Vegas! B)

Edited by Ben Otto

I was thinking exactly the same thing Ben... :angry:

PS: By the way, Chris logged in a few times since then... you know by looking at someone's profile... he logged in today.

Edited by Azalin

Well, if the seller is just not answering - where would you know where to send the cash to?? ;)
A good question!

I hope that this doesn't turn into a "beat up on the seller" thread. I don't know Chris personally, but he's been a c.net member for four years with 150+ posts. Not the usual scammer profile. In fact, I can't remember any scams that started with a For Sale post in the Buy & Sell forum. We've uncovered many scams that started on eBay or craigslist, but it's not the same thing.

I believe 100% he's not a scammer and he seems like a nice fellow. But it's a bit 'rude' to post something for sale and not follow up on it or give any feedback. Maybe he's been kidnapped by aliens, in which case I expect Mr. Suttner to be overloaded with new orders from outerspace!

Well, if the seller is just not answering - where would you know where to send the cash to?? ;)
A good question!

I hope that this doesn't turn into a "beat up on the seller" thread. I don't know Chris personally, but he's been a c.net member for four years with 150+ posts. Not the usual scammer profile. In fact, I can't remember any scams that started with a For Sale post in the Buy & Sell forum. We've uncovered many scams that started on eBay or craigslist, but it's not the same thing.

I do not know Chris personally either but have had many e-mail conversations with him in the past concerning 'tinas that I was offering on this very same venue. I also believe that he has attended a few of the North West NHICS camps in Oregon. IMHO, I do not feel that this would be his normal lack of response so I would tend to believe that there is some kind of personal or family emergency or was called away on short notice say, as an emergency forest fire fighter. I am from Iowa and know of several people around my community that suddenly rush off to help fight forest fires in the Western and South Western U.S.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm almost certain that when I was on a waiting list (about four years ago) for a Suttner A-2 ebony ended concertina, and suddenly came into the possession of an early made Carroll, that it was to Chris that I gave my spot in the queue, after reimbursing me for my deposit of course. As I recall, there was no lack of communications in that business arrangement. Hoping for the best for Chris' sake.

Steve

Iowa