IS IT BACK?! DUCT-TAPED SOPRANI GREY GHOST

Kautilya

Time for US Buttonstone cops to ride out?

praps the duct tape has doubled or were there two bits before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Paolo-Soprani-Accord...id=p3286.c0.m14

e're working to make eBay easier to use.

[Paolo Soprani Accordion]

Paolo Soprani Accordion

Item condition: Used

Time left: 6 days 12hours (07 Aug, 200911:04:47 BST)

Bid history: 0 bids[Refresh]

Starting bid: £200.00

Enter maximum bid:

£

Place bidPlace bid

(Enter £200.00 or more)

You can also: Watch this item

Now watching in My eBay Now watching in My eBay

Postage: £39.00Other CourierSee more services See discounts | See all details

Estimated delivery time varies for this postal service. Seller dispatches within 3 days

Payments:

PayPal, Postal Order or Banker's Draft | See details

Pay with PayPal and you’re fully protected. Learn More

Returns:

No Returns Accepted

The seller offers paypal... As far as I know does paypal cover all costs in the case of loss or fraud??? Or did anybody have bad experiences with paypal?? I once was paid a lot of money from paypal in a bad concertina-deal...

The seller offers paypal... As far as I know does paypal cover all costs in the case of loss or fraud??? Or did anybody have bad experiences with paypal?? I once was paid a lot of money from paypal in a bad concertina-deal...

It could be a hijacked paypal account too!

• 2 weeks later...

It could be a hijacked paypal account too!

Too true Theo - we have just had two payments charged against cr. crd (one for webhosting in US with a paypal reference and a contact phone number which turned out to be that of paypal; and t'other was for some item from a letterbox outfit in north london) ... both were fraudulent.

Crd cancelled and new now arrived but worrying that it can happen. My thinking on the basis of the evidence is that it could be someone on the inside at pp as there is no way they could have hard the crd details from us.

Further despite having a fully passworded pp account, PP are still allowing 'direct' payments, not through the pukka account with password) by crd using only crd no...... so the question is how did the bandit get the number ?

Alas Paypal staff did not want to 'hear' the broader point about this direct payment loophole. They should have a trigger so that if someone gets hold of your crd number and try to pay direct, then the pukka security protected account should block that direct usage.

This is another reason why one should always think seriously about using a pseudonym on open fora ... remember that earlier discussion......? Remember every email you send is open to view by someone who wants to see it ... only encryption can stop that and even then some regular ones can be hacked with a bit of effort.

Paul - perhaps these paras might be something to copy into the Scam box at top of the buy and sell section.

• 2 weeks later...

Careful with this one too. Another Paolo of interest (?)

Not saying it's definitely a scam, but a little suspicious that a first time seller is advertising this Paolo only a few weeks after it sold to Ireland through eBay NZ.

Hmmm.

Edit: Sorry, I'm told this is "old news" and has been fraudulently listed several times previously, though I hadn't noticed it; must have disappeared quickly on those occasions. Hope this one suffers a similar fate.

Edited by malcolm clapp