Session at the Bell & Jorrocks, Frittenden, 16th August

I've read and re-read my email and there seems to be no doubt: I am now permitted to tell the concertinists of Kent that we're planning a session at the Bell & Jorrocks pub, Frittenden, Kent on Sunday the 16th August 2009, featuring visiting American concertinist Jody Kruskal!

Email me or if necessary ring me on 07985 522734 if you have any queries that can't be answered using Google!

Cheers,

Gav

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read and re-read my email and there seems to be no doubt: I am now permitted to tell the concertinists of Kent that we're planning a session at the Bell & Jorrocks pub, Frittenden, Kent on Sunday the 16th August 2009, featuring visiting American concertinist Jody Kruskal!

Email me or if necessary ring me on 07985 522734 if you have any queries that can't be answered using Google!

Cheers,

Gav

Will it be lunchtime or evening?

regards,

John Wild

Cheers,

Gav

regards,

John Wild

Evening! It'll be in the EVENING folks. Arrive at lunchtime and you'll have a while to wait ;-)

Gav

Cheers,

Gav

regards,

John Wild

Evening! It'll be in the EVENING folks. Arrive at lunchtime and you'll have a while to wait ;-)

Gav

Shame - although not from Kent, I'd have been interested in dropping down... but since its in the evening that would rule it out :(

Cheers,

Gav

I didn't know Jody will be on a European tour in August. He usually announces his itinery. Perhaps I have missed it. Jody is great and a must see/hear. Sadly, it's a bit far for me to come from North London.

Chris

Cheers,

Gav

I didn't know Jody will be on a European tour in August. He usually announces his itinery. Perhaps I have missed it. Jody is great and a must see/hear. Sadly, it's a bit far for me to come from North London.

Chris

Yup, anglo fans should hear him if they can - he's seriously good and this is an opportunity to do so in a small room and an informal atmosphere.

Gav

Yup, anglo fans should hear him if they can - he's seriously good and this is an opportunity to do so in a small room and an informal atmosphere.

Gav

I'll certainly try and come down - shouldn't be more than a couple of hours getting back at that time of night (to Leighton Buzzard), and a lot nearer than crossing the Atlantic to see him! Thanks for arranging it.

Pippa

I'll certainly try and come down - shouldn't be more than a couple of hours getting back at that time of night (to Leighton Buzzard), and a lot nearer than crossing the Atlantic to see him! Thanks for arranging it.

Pippa

In that case, Pippa, you couldn't give me a lift from North London, by any chance? :unsure:

Chris

Pippa

In that case, Pippa, you couldn't give me a lift from North London, by any chance? :unsure:

Chris

Sorry, Chris, North London isn't anywhere near my usual route to Frittenden!

Pippa

Pippa

Chris

Sorry, Chris, North London isn't anywhere near my usual route to Frittenden!

Pippa

:( I'll meet you half way, Pippa! Only joking. I just thought that if North London was on your route (unlikely from LB, I know) we could save some petrol. And it would be nice to have some company. :)

Chris

Chris

Jody will be fresh from Broadstairs Folk Week which finishes on Saturday 15th August. One of the concertina stars appearing early on in the festival is Alistair Anderson, I'll be there!

Pete

Bell & Jorrocks pub, Frittenden, Kent on Sunday the 16th August 2009, featuring visiting American concertinist Jody Kruskal!

If Jody is in agreement, any chance of one or two video clips for those of us unable to venture into deepest Kent?

Regards,

Peter.

Bell & Jorrocks pub, Frittenden, Kent on Sunday the 16th August 2009, featuring visiting American concertinist Jody Kruskal!

If Jody is in agreement, any chance of one or two video clips for those of us unable to venture into deepest Kent?

Regards,

Peter.

I guess that may be a possibility, with Jody's permission of course.

Gav

• 2 weeks later...
I guess that may be a possibility, with Jody's permission of course.

Gav

Sure, video away.

So sorry that I have not been on cnet of late. Too busy preparing for my tour of Kent and the Paul & Jody CD that is now done!.

Thank you Gav and Tim for inviting me to the Bell and Jorrocks. Both Paul and I will be at a session in Faversham at the Bear on the 6th, then Broadstairs for concerts, dances and workshops. Paul moves on to the continent but I am pleased to attend a cricket match and then play tunes in Frittenden at your fine pub. How grand! I'm so glad that it has all worked out to perfection. See you soon.