Scandinavian Squeeze-in

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm coming too - but as Jake Makepeace (12 years old and totally misnamed) shouted out in tutor class .........

"you're well over-excited miss and that's bad at your age..."

I'm really hoping therefore to hold out until Friday and will see you all later after school....

Jill :unsure:

"you're well over-excited miss and that's bad at your age..."

I hope you gave him a stern, yet gentle "... and what age is that?" It's great to be excited and engaged in life.

Young Master Makepeace sounds far too serious for HIS age. As someone who was much too serious in my youth, please tell him it is dangerous to be so serious. It leads to excess frivolity in one's twilight years -- 35 'til the grave. :D

ldp

Hello IDP

I hope you gave him a stern, yet gentle "... and what age is that?" It's great to be excited and engaged in life.

Jake is firmly of the belief that beyond 30 is "like almost like dead, miss" and, as I am according to Makepeace, at least 29 obviously I need to take it steady. I haven't got the heart to tell I'm 43 and still staggering on .... just. Jake's profoundly misnamed, never short of an opinion and consequently tremendous fun to know and teach. The air of assumed gravitas just adds to the merriment. I could ask him to lighten up a bit but I fear the result may not be contained to Wiltshire. On the other hand if you're right then I think we may all need to take cover in 23 years time when Jake enters his frivolous stage!

In fact, my entire tutor class was stunned this morning when I told them I was going to Sweden to play my concertina for a weekend especially when I explained that there'd be other concertina players. Other classic quotes included " ...your instrument Miss Shep .... they made more than one then?" and " ..... do they all play in English?...." Which raises an interesting point which probably belongs to another strand!

I can't decide who I love more, my Edeophone or my students; it's a close call at the start of term.....

Jill

Jake is firmly of the belief that beyond 30 is "like almost like dead, miss" and, as I am according to Makepeace, at least 29 obviously I need to take it steady. I haven't got the heart to tell I'm 43 and still staggering on .... just.

LOL! Keep him ignorant in that department only!

And do believe me ... please. I was a horrible boring, greasy grind in my younger years. Now I am making up for all the lost fun. Not that I didn't have fun, but everything had to have a purpose and such. Aiming for good grades to get into a good university. Trying to decide on a career. Reading like mad. Working.

In fact, my entire tutor class was stunned this morning when I told them I was going to Sweden to play my concertina for a weekend especially when I explained that there'd be other concertina players. Other classic quotes included " ...your instrument Miss Shep .... they made more than one then?"

Oh my! They are gunning for you, aren't they?

LDP or ldp, caps off for my convenience ; P

" ..... do they all play in English?...."

No. Some play in anglo or duet. :)

And some can play in more than one "language".

And all are multi-lingual, since every reed has it's own "tongue". ;)

... (Do you know the one about the dog and the secretarial job?)

" ...your instrument Miss Shep .... they made more than one then?"

Myabe you should show them this picture, and this.

If it doesn't frighten them, maybe when they realize that there are other concertinas, they'll realize that other people can play, too... maybe even themselves. Of course, I don't know how they'll react when they see what sort of people play concertina. (But notice that some of us did also bring other instruments.)

You know, Henk, I think I've seen him.

He is so cute, I printed him out. (And I wonder why I have to change ink cartidges so often).

Helen

Is he available, or is there some plush hussy who has her eye on him?

You know, Henk, I think I've seen him.

He is so cute, I printed him out. (And I wonder why I have to change ink cartidges so often).

Helen

Is he available, or is there some plush hussy who has her eye on him?

Helen

There is no copyright on this one. I took this picture a few days ago and it is free to use by anyone (even PA-addicts :D )

I will attach a downsized picture that could be used as an avatar.. so feel free to take it!!

post-4-1082662273.jpg

Oh Allison, not fair, bribing with chocolate. :angry:

No no, Henk, give him to me, I asked first. :)

Besides, Allison's bunny had his head bitten clean off. :o

You don't want a headless bunny. :P

What's his name, no not the chocolate bunny, your little guy (soon to be my little guy). B)

Hee hee. :rolleyes: :D ;) :lol:

Helen

You guys have lots of fun at your Squeeze In. Wish I was going.

I'm going to the Scandinavian Squeeze-in later this month. Who am I going to see there?

This question has now been answered! I just came home from this event and it his been a memorable squeeze-in for me. Thanks to all the organizers, especially Luise, Pontus and Jim and thanks to all the wonderfull participants!!

I will come back next year ;)

Henk,

The same for me too. Thanks to Louise, Pontus and Jim for organising it and to all us wonderful participants, I couldn't have wished to meet such a nice group of people! I've put faces to names and fingers to tunes I would never had known without going and so I'm looking forward to next year already.

Sadly, Jake is on holiday until Wednesday, but I've taught some of the girls how to dance the sonderhoning that Jesper taught us and we're going to get him to dance it in assembly later this week. I reckon that should finish him off for a couple of minutes at least.

Jill