Scandinavian Squeeze-in

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the Scandinavian Squeeze-in later this month. Who am I going to see there? Make yourselves known, folks!

What, you don't like surprises? :ph34r:

Of course, I'll be there. (Actually, I'll be disappearing for a while on Saturday to record a CD with the Helsingør Sømandsforenings Shantykor -- i.e., Elsinore Seaman's Union Shanty Choir, of which I'm a member and occasional soloist. But I'll be back later in the day.)

I'm going to the Scandinavian Squeeze-in later this month. Who am I going to see there? Make yourselves known, folks!

Well.. as I already informed Samantha, I might as well "confess" in public: I am going to be there.

As this is the first squeeze-in that I will attend, I am really looking forward to it (and a bit nervous? :( ?)!

See you at the SSI :)

(Actually, I'll be disappearing for a while on Saturday to record a CD with the Helsingør Sømandsforenings Shantykor

They couldn't use a few fillers in the chorus, could they?

Anne and I will be there, as ever. Anyone else flying in from Bristol to Copenhagen on the Wednesday before, or back to Bristol on the Monday after?

Chris

(Actually, I'll be disappearing for a while on Saturday to record a CD with the Helsingør Sømandsforenings Shantykor
They couldn't use a few fillers in the chorus, could they?

It's to be a recording of the actual group, which -- as its name suggests -- would probably not fit in the front of your average folk club. Besides, as has become (all too) common, the word "shanty" to them includes any song about the sea, not just work songs. How are you two at sight-reading Danish lyrics? B)

On the other hand, I really should be doing some recording of my own singing, and if you'd like to play chorus for me at Gamlegård, I would love to lay down a few tracks. (I'd also be pleased to do the same for you.)

What can we do to increase the temptation? As I plan to come by car, I could bring some special Belgian beer (?) :)

Oh, gosh! I do love a drop of Duvvel, not to mention those Trappist beers. It's ... it's ... no, I can't do it. Louise will make me clean all the loos on my own on Sunday if I tell.

But, if you could bring a few bottles of something nice and Belgian along with you that will go down nicely. On the Satuday we usually have a session cum concert for which Jim brings a load of bottles of Danish beers which we then all buy to, shall I say, make sure he isn't out of pocket. Some wonderful Belgian beers wouldn't go amiss, as far as I' concerned at any rate.

Your very good health,

Chris

Anne and I were out walking earlier this evening, when she mentioned that we are flying out to Sweden next week, and do you know it took me completely by surprise. I guess it was just like Christmas, the SSI is this big treat coming sometime in the future, but I'd forgotten it was so soon.

Then, when we got home and were having tea we put Radio 3 on as usual, and we found we were listening to the inaugural concert of a series called "From Sweden", which will explore the musical links between England and Sweden. Spooky or what?

Chris

Louise told me at an early stage who the guest is. I'm tempted to let slip a clue...........but I won't. Suffice to say it'll be good.

Definitely do not name the "special guest", because we don't have one.

Chris, I suspect that Louise told you that we would try to get him to come, but you apparently missed getting the later message that he can't join us. (More's the pity.)

This is why our SSI web site makes no mention of a possible "guest".

Oh, gosh! I do love a drop of Duvvel, not to mention those Trappist beers. It's ... it's ... no, I can't do it. Louise will make me clean all the loos on my own on Sunday if I tell.

Well Chris than you can make up your mind: how much trouble will it be to clean all the loos on sunday and will it compensted by the pleasure of Duvel & Trappist??

Now serious: as far as I know, I am allowed to take 200(!) bottles of beer, so I guess it will be more than one drop :P !!

This is why our SSI web site makes no mention of a possible "guest".

Well, I'm afraid that what the web site actually says is:-

since a Secret Guest of Honour will be attending. This promises a different and inspiring concertina experience!

So since I didn't receive any subsequent message you can't blame me (and Henk) for being confused. I think you need to sort out the web site, and clarify the situation fairly quickly.

Regardless, it will still be a great weekend.

Chris

Edited by Chris Timson

Ah well maybe Chris Henk or Jim is the special guest.

Yep, when I checked the site it did say a special guest was coming. Maybe it is Jim and they don't want to make him nervous by telling him. Shhh don't let on.

Helen

Well, I'm afraid that what the web site actually says is:-
since a Secret Guest of Honour will be attending. This promises a different and inspiring concertina experience!

OUCH! You're right! :o

I was sure that mention was removed quite some time ago. I must contact Pontus immediately.

I definitely don't blame you and Henk for the confusion.

OUCH! You're right! :o

I was sure that mention was removed quite some time ago. I must contact Pontus immediately.

I definitely don't blame you and Henk for the confusion.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

We (at leat Chris and I) will drown our disappointment and confusion is "some drops" of Duvel ;)