Paolo Soprani

chrisstevens

I'm looking to get my hands on a nice Paolo Soprani - must be in good shape and from the 50s or thereabouts. looking for one of the really nice instruments, C#/D or B/C. Any leads?

Like EBay # 160344039756 ?????

I've got my suspicions about this instrument...this auction just ended...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=tab%3DWatching

same pictures. bid anyways, we'll see how it transpires. :)

Yes, I own the one...

Some 24 years ago Stephen Chambers stayed for a few months with me on a little farm in Carlow. One day we went to northern Ireland to see a fellow he knew ( and he knows many fellows in Ireland!! ), who finally sold me his dark grey box.

It needed some work and Stephen convinced me to have the job done by Nielsen in England - who did a great job on it.

Its a two row three-voice no coupler dark-grey Paoli Soprani in C#/ D in good original condition and very good playing order. Its airtight and has a new bass-side leather-strap. ..and it has that incredible sound-quality and volume...

It has the number RB280 stamped on the back???

I have played it very little, as my main interest is in English concertinas and it has been sitting in it's leather pilot-case all those years.

I was not planning on selling it, but there are a few very special and expensive English concertinas out there waiting for me ...

It is definitely much better than the box that sold for almost 7000 Sterling ( see above ). So keep your offers rolling in!!!

Details, pics or a youtube can be arranged. I'm not in a hurry!

Yes, I own the one...

Some 24 years ago Stephen Chambers stayed for a few months with me on a little farm in Carlow. One day we went to northern Ireland to see a fellow he knew ( and he knows many fellows in Ireland!! ), who finally sold me his dark grey box.

It needed some work and Stephen convinced me to have the job done by Nielsen in England - who did a great job on it.

Its a two row three-voice no coupler dark-grey Paoli Soprani in C#/ D in good original condition and very good playing order. Its airtight and has a new bass-side leather-strap. ..and it has that incredible sound-quality and volume...

It has the number RB280 stamped on the back???

I have played it very little, as my main interest is in English concertinas and it has been sitting in it's leather pilot-case all those years.

I was not planning on selling it, but there are a few very special and expensive English concertinas out there waiting for me ...

It is definitely much better than the box that sold for almost 7000 Sterling ( see above ). So keep your offers rolling in!!!

Details, pics or a youtube can be arranged. I'm not in a hurry!

As an owner, Chris would be particularly nice to it......