And A Round Of Applause For Paul And Ken...

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Paul and Ken for all the hard work they do to maintain and update this site. I visit conertina.net at least once a day, I have made many friends through this site, it's a constant source of information, and hey, I even bought my very first concertina through "Buy and Sell".

Gentlemen, I salute you! :D

With thanks

Morgana

[And thanks to everyone for making this a real community :D]

Edited by Morgana

Oh Morgana,

What an absolutely wonderful idea. I, too, am eternally grateful to Ken and Paul for all of their hard work. This is just such a great meeting place filled with wonderful ideas and super people.

Thanks.

Helen

:rolleyes: :D :lol: ;) :) :unsure:

Yes, I have to say this site clearly takes a lot more work to keep ticking over than the Concertina FAQ, for which I am most grateful to all concerned.

I often talk about this place, and indeed rather visualise it, in spatial rather than electronic terms, as if it were a good local pub where I can drop in any time for a pint and a chat with friends. It's great to have it. Now if only Paul and Ken could lay on a barrel of Wadworths 6X, a nice open fire and a dart board my contentment would be complete.

Chris

Where's the clap clap clap, roar of applause icon when you need it? Living in the concertina backwoods this has been an invaluable resource for me, too! Through it in the early days I heard of the first Southern Swedish Squeeze-in (which I attended when I had only been playing for about a year, meeting other anglo players for the first time), through it I, too, have bought a concertina (though not my first), found out about the Mick Bramich and Niall Vallely tutors (both brilliant!), and made lots of friends ...

Rah Rah! Thank you Paul and Ken!

Samantha

I often talk about this place, and indeed rather visualise it, in spatial rather than electronic terms, as if it were a good local pub where I can drop in any time for a pint and a chat with friends. It's great to have it.

So let's have a toast to Paul and Ken - Cheers gentlemen, your very good health ! :)

Now if only Paul and Ken could lay on a barrel of Wadworths 6X, a nice open fire and a dart board my contentment would be complete.

(But could you lay on a barrel of Marston's Pedigree for me please ?) ;)

Slainte !

ABSOLUTELY! Paul and Ken, you are AMAZING!!

Hmmmmm. . . . maybe we should have a Cnet gathering someday and they could be the guests of honor. Kind of a cross between a Noel Hill week, the Northeast Squeeze in and a big Morris ale! Could be fun! I've never planned an event of this magnitude, but would be glad to try!

ABSOLUTELY! Paul and Ken, you are AMAZING!!

Hmmmmm. . . . maybe we should have a Cnet gathering someday and they could be the guests of honor. Kind of a cross between a Noel Hill week, the Northeast Squeeze in and a big Morris ale! Could be fun! I've never planned an event of this magnitude, but would be glad to try!

That's a nice idea.

Yes, I pop in here a lot, maybe more often than I really need to, but, sometimes it's a welcome change over whatever is on the news on television or whatever.

I mean, these are very trying times, with the war and all. We don't want to mention it, but, we can't really NOT mention it.

Just a few doors from us, a neighbor has a yellow ribbon around a tree and a symbol in the window indicating that someone of theirs is away at war.

Regardless of my personal feelings, or anyone's, about the world scene -- I know that I need something else to dwell on, at times.

So, like, the concertina!

I am with you John on this one.

I also am a shy and retiring type and prefer lurking in the woodwork.

So I very much appreciate this site for the information that I can gather and the friends that I hope to one day meet.

Cheers

Sharron

Hi Friends,

I would like to add my appreciation and thanks to Paul and Ken for their dedication and even handed way that they have created and maintained this very excellent tribute to our favourite musical instrument. They have set an example that most other organisations could do well to follow , particularly those that tend to put individual ambitions ahead of the majority.

JOHN NIXON.

I am very sorry, John Wild, but if are going to want to be shy and retiring, you are going to have to change your name to John Mild.

Again, thanks to Ken and Paul for all the great people you have introduced us to and all the great musical ideas.

Helen

And hey, yes, let's all meet and have fun together.

:rolleyes: B) :P :o ;) <_< :lol: :) :unsure:

I am very sorry, John Wild, but if are going to want to be shy and retiring, you are going to have to change your name to John Mild.

Again, thanks to Ken and Paul for all the great people you have introduced us to and all the great musical ideas.

Helen

And hey, yes, let's all meet and have fun together.

:rolleyes: B) :P :o ;) <_< :lol: :) :unsure:

I was much more shy before taking up the concertina and meeting so many wonderful people.

:rolleyes:

- John

Helen, you'll never make it in politics. Your idea of how to manipulate people is completely wrong. ;)

The name "Mild" would tempt people to try to provoke him into behavior that belied his name.

"Wild", on the other hand, inclines them to hesitate about approaching him, and that allows him to be "shy and retiring". :)

Hee hee hee Jim, maybe I WANT people to provoke him.

And heavens, I have absolutely NO desire to make it in politics.

Oh oh, sorry John, just a little provocation to get the blood moving. No real bad stuff.

Glad concertina has made you (John) (Jim is already outgoing) more outgoing, so to speak.

Helen