What do you call someone who plays a concertina

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I supose concertinist.

If you live in Spain, a bloody geek. Comparable to otakus, trekkies and LOTR fans.:lol:

Cheers,

Fer

no whovians in spain then?

I had to go wikipedia for to figure what the heck a whovian is... I'm afraid not, ma'am. I know about it 'cause of my wife, but she doesn't go farest than Jeeves & Wooster, Jonathan Creek, LOM or Pride & Prejudice...

On the other hand, local series are nothing short of awful :P

Cheers,

Fer

I supose concertinist.

I suppose you're right, though as a term it sort of conjures up images of serious minded pipe smokers playing serious music on seriously black concertinas for other serious minded pipe smokers in somewhat smoky rooms.

Can't we invent something? Like, say, squeezicians or tinaholics?

Chris

Edited to add PS:

Doctor Who fans are sometimes referred to as Whovians, most often by the press. The usage was more common among fans in the United States during the 1980s, when the Doctor Who Fan Club of America (pronounced by members as Dwifca - now defunct) published the Whovian Times as its newsletter.
That's Wikipedia, so it must be true. Edited by Chris Timson

I apologize in advance for this:

Buttoneer (Exactly like Buccaneer only different)

Free Reeder

Bellows Abuser

Squeezer

Concertinian (I guess that's more like if you were from the planet Concertina)

Tina tickler (If you knew Tina like I know Tina)

Button Pusher

Squeak Boxer (If Jean-Claude Van Damme played)

Obsessive Compulsive Repulsive Annoyance Provider "OCRAP"(I speak for myself)

Edited by drbones

In my case, I am either an Aeolaist or an Edeophonist, depending on which of my two English concertinas I am playing.

Chris

Ooh Chris ... being a purist, eh?? :rolleyes:

I quite liked the idea of "concertinarina" ... but that would only apply to persons of the feminine gender, surely? Could you go further and be a concertinarinarist, I wonder ?? (I suspect that that is probably getting just too silly by half)

In my case, I am either an Aeolaist or an Edeophonist, depending on which of my two English concertinas I am playing.

Chris

Ooh Chris ... being a purist, eh?? :rolleyes:

I quite liked the idea of "concertinarina" ... but that would only apply to persons of the feminine gender, surely? Could you go further and be a concertinarinarist, I wonder ?? (I suspect that that is probably getting just too silly by half)

concertinarina is my fave so far...

Tina tickler (If you knew Tina like I know Tina)

the apology ahead of time does not excuse such tomfoolery. my younger brother and i both let out an audible gasp when we read it. well done, sir, as we are not easily so moved :blink: .