Layouts on Anglo

Have searched a bit, but can't find the answer to the following:

Does all Wheatstone / Lachenal Anglos have Wheatstone layout, or is it possible to find a Wheatstone with Jeffries layout?

Thanks in advance

Snorre

Does all Wheatstone / Lachenal Anglos have Wheatstone layout, or is it possible to find a Wheatstone with Jeffries layout?

Concertina makers usually made whatever the customer ordered, including some very strange beasts, so it's entirely possible that Wheatstone's might sometimes have been asked to make an Anglo with Jeffries layout (in fact I seem to remember noticing one in the ledgers :unsure: ), but it would be highly unusual to find an original one.

On the other hand, I've sometimes been asked to convert a Wheatstone to Jeffries layout, and vice versa - no doubt other tuners have done it too.

Lachenal did make a copy of a 38 key Jeffries.........arguably the best anglo Lachenal made.....but a very hard to come by instrument, I think. Robin

I've had quite a few of them, often in Ab/Eb, and they are pretty good, but the much rarer New Model Anglos were better - only you'd hardly ever see one.