concertina values

jps

Of late I have been on the lookout for another concertina. Is it me or do prices appear to have fallen by around 20pc? Maybe its wishfull thinking. Even really good instruments dont seem to be making their reserve prices. Any opinions?

Of late I have been on the lookout for another concertina. Is it me or do prices appear to have fallen by around 20pc? Maybe its wishfull thinking. Even really good instruments dont seem to be making their reserve prices. Any opinions?

Hey, if that's the case, now's got to be a great time to be thinking of buying one.

If I were you, I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, I'd be out there looking for the best bargain.

Good Luck

Dick

well, what are your sources? the open market is not always a good indicator. most quality concertinas are sold private seller to private seller. online sales probably are declining, but i think that reflects peoples willingness to buy online, whereas usually when concertinas are sold privately, it's usually sold to an acquaintance, or minimally someone more connected than "a screen name on ebay."

but regardless of the actual market... if you can find a concertina for a good price, snatch it and appease us addicts with pictures!

I bought a concertina a couple months ago and a bodhran becuase the exchange rate to US dollars was so low, lowest Ive ever seen! It was a bargain for me, about half price on both the drum and the box.

Haven't checked the exchange rate lately, but if you buy overseas and live in the US its something to consider.