LDT's shameless promotion thread

LDT

A thread so all my links are in one place:

3 most recent

I'm still rubbish. sad.gif

I thought it was awesome! Quit beating up on yourself! How many people can make music on a concertina eh! cool.gif

Farion

Bravisimo!

It takes a lot of guts to put that out there. You're ahead of the class!

Over the Rainbow is a classic and you're well on the way to a top-notch performance. Keep playing it.

The other two I don't know at all - but you sounded good to me.

Thank you. :)

Here is an attempt at oscar woods jig on anglo concertina

http://www.onmvoice....lay.php?a=13193

Hey - this is really getting good. Well done! Nice speed, and glad you have started to use LH chords. It reminds me of William Kimber's style of playing. You just need work a little more to keep a rock-steady tempo.

• Like 1

Here is an attempt at oscar woods jig on anglo concertina

http://www.onmvoice.com/play.php?a=13193

Brilliant! I've been trying to play this for a while now but couldn't get the "second half" right (struggling with the left hand/ right hand bit).I've been listening to you play & thanks to your clarity of playing it has finally clicked & I now know what I am doing wrong.

So once again, well done & thanks for the postings, it's great to see your progress & they're a great help and encouragement to some of us!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a go at it...but I'm really struggling with the last bit and seemed to make more mistakes in front of the camera and didn't have time for more than a handfull of attempts.

(for anyone watching recent series of lark rise it was in episode 3..thanks to steve for transcribing it for me....even with a cold)

Well I had a go at it...but I'm really struggling with the last bit and seemed to make more mistakes in front of the camera and didn't have time for more than a handfull of attempts.

(for anyone watching recent series of lark rise it was in episode 3..thanks to steve for transcribing it for me....even with a cold)

Well done - that's coming along nicely. You need to work on keeping the tempo a little more even throughout, i.e. not slowing down in some parts, not speeding up in others. But you have got the idea and you have done well on the cross-rowing bits to give you smooth singing-like phrases. Also the little Am chords are good.

You can apply all this technique to lots of other tunes. Keep looking out for opportunities to use what you have learned here in other tunes. Well done again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well; the technique is coming on.

I hope that you take stock of where you are, musically, compared with where you were (say) two years ago. The touch sounds a lot lighter; maybe playing the (M word) has helped, in this respect. :)

two more tunes

Jockey Boy

http://www.onmvoice....lay.php?a=31936

Parsons Farewell

http://www.onmvoice....lay.php?a=31935

Well; the technique is coming on.

I hope that you take stock of where you are, musically, compared with where you were (say) two years ago. The touch sounds a lot lighter; maybe playing the (M word) has helped, in this respect. :)

I've got better but I'm still rubbish.

You've come a long way and I can tell you've enjoyed the journey and made a lot of friends in the process. That's what it's all about. Are you OK in open sessions ?

I don't tend to play the concertina in 'open sessions' (if I get your meaning right) as not only can I not keep up (its like jonesy from dads army playing a concertina....always a little delayed) but I can't hear myself so have no idea if I'm playing it right.