LDT's shameless promotion thread

LDT

• 3 weeks later...

LDT,

I'm a beginner and you inspire me! I think they're great!! You've brave. I think it very commendable that you play evenly steadily (which is not an easy feat... I always speed up on the easy parts and slow down on the harder ones), and you're playing from memorization...I still have to have the crutch of written out notes to follow. I'm so proud of you! You're a musician in my book. Courage! Isn't it fun?? :)

Very impressed and enjoyed listening a lot. Beginners need other beginners to listen to, not just all the professionals out there. Thanks!

Priscilla

LDT,

I'm a beginner and you inspire me! I think they're great!! You've brave. I think it very commendable that you play evenly steadily (which is not an easy feat... I always speed up on the easy parts and slow down on the harder ones), and you're playing from memorization...I still have to have the crutch of written out notes to follow. I'm so proud of you! You're a musician in my book. Courage! Isn't it fun?? :)

Very impressed and enjoyed listening a lot. Beginners need other beginners to listen to, not just all the professionals out there. Thanks!

Priscilla

I second all that priscilla has said. As a newbie to the concertina earlier this year I have watched/listened to your postings & have found them most encouraging. It's been great and inspirational to see your progress. Well done LDT! :D

Thank you both. *blushes*

I'm glad my random progress postings are encouraging.

I still have to look at the music on 99.9% of the tunes...I don't seem to be able to memorise tunes for long. lol!

• 2 weeks later...

I really meant what I said about rhythm. I notice that you seem to have your internal clock ticking and if you make a mistake you just come back in nicely. I'm assuming you play by ear and without a metronome or click track? I reckon you're well on the way, don't go over to melodeon totally! The concertina world needs you! ;)

No metronome, I turned it off ages ago coz it annoyed me and kept putting me off.

These tunes are from a CD (I broke the original tape playing it too many times) I had when I was a little girl. I remember I used to memorise all the words and the dances/movements that went with it too.

It was called 'Oranges & Lemons' which I prefered over the other tape 'Wheels on the bus'.

I like both...just concertina takes me much longer to get the hang of...I prefer tunes on melodeons and songs on concertina, things with words I just find easier on the concertina, where as on melodeon its distracting.

Edited by LDT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A thread so all my links are in one place:

3 most recent

I'm still rubbish. sad.gif

I thought it was awesome! Quit beating up on yourself! How many people can make music on a concertina eh! cool.gif

Farion

Bravisimo!

It takes a lot of guts to put that out there. You're ahead of the class!

Over the Rainbow is a classic and you're well on the way to a top-notch performance. Keep playing it.

The other two I don't know at all - but you sounded good to me.

• Like 1