Michael Coleman Tapes

I have a two cassette set of Viva Voce tapes on Coleman's recordings from the 20s. Unfortunately there are no sleeve notes. Has anyone got one they could photocopy for me? I have been on Alan Ng's Irish Tune info site but the listing is from a CD set and the tunes are not in the same order and there seem to be more on the CDs. Any information welcome

Thanks

Mike

I have a two cassette set of Viva Voce tapes on Coleman's recordings from the 20s. Unfortunately there are no sleeve notes. Has anyone got one they could photocopy for me? I have been on Alan Ng's Irish Tune info site but the listing is from a CD set and the tunes are not in the same order and there seem to be more on the CDs. Any information welcome

Thanks

Mike

From "Dirty Linen #68":

By all accounts, the flagship release of the Viva Voce series is the double cassette Michael Coleman 1891-1945 [Viva Voce 004], which contains 40 sides from the great Sligo fiddle master. This release was also expanded by Bradshaw into a set of two CDs, available from Gael-Linn records [Gael-Linn/Viva Voce CEFCD161]. The CD version contains eight more tracks and a more complete bibliography, and the sound on all tracks is differently remastered for digital media.

I don't own the cassette, only the CD version, so I can't help much.

:unsure: :angry: I get mixed up when I read/hear the name of Michael Coleman.

Because: There's an accordion player just .9KM down the road from here who moved from Scotland last year, and his name is Michael Coleman. :D

:blink: Believe it or not: He still has his belongings over in Scotland, after living up here in the bush for around 1 year.\

Cheers,

Patrick

Thanks

Mike

Good morning, Michael-

I have a copy of the notes you are looking for. They are by Harry Bradshaw.

They are in a 5x7 inch format and run to nearly a hundred pages.

I have no way to scan or to copy them.

If you do, I'd be willing to send them to you to copy and return.

I guess the downside of the plan is I am located in the US, so there would be some time lag and some expense but I'm willing if you are.

My email is jdouglasrichardson@yahoo.com

Regards

Jim Richardson

Hi Jim

Thanks for your offer. If you mean the booklet, I have it. It is the cassette track list that is missing. Many thanks for your offer it is nice to know we are such a friendly and generous community. Your offer is much appreciated !

Cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...