G/D wanted

jps

Wanted loud 30 note G/D anglo. Edgley/Tedrow etc are fine. Will pay up to 1000 english pounds or 1500 american dollars. I live in London England. John.

Wanted loud 30 note G/D anglo. Edgley/Tedrow etc are fine. Will pay up to 1000 english pounds or 1500 american dollars. I live in London England. John.

Hi John, I guess you mean a 30 key (not 30 note) G/D anglo?

Dave

Dave,

I don't suppose John is aware that there are two conventions for counting the notes on Anglo and German (Chemnitzer etc.) concertinas. In English-speaking cultures it is normal to count the number of keys, whilst in ones with German roots they count the notes, so that a 30-key concertina may sometimes be referred to as a 60-note one.

Dave,

I don't suppose John is aware that there are two conventions for counting the notes on Anglo and German (Chemnitzer etc.) concertinas. In English-speaking cultures it is normal to count the number of keys, whilst in ones with German roots they count the notes, so that a 30-key concertina may sometimes be referred to as a 60-note one.

Interesting... nup I never knew that!

Thanks

Dave

...whilst in ones with German roots they count the notes...

and sometimes, they count the reeds!

A German concertina described as 80-reed (or 90-reed), is, with two reeds per note (and three for the lower notes), actually a 20-key instrument.

Also, the German convention is to put the inside row first, so a G/D in anglo terminology is a D/G German terminology, a C/G in anglo is a G/C, etc.

And then of course, the German scale goes: C, D, E, F, G, H, C - the letter B is used for B-flat

Edited by Gan Ainm