WANTED: Case for 30 key Lachenal Anglo (UK)

Ebenezer

I'm in the UK and have just got hold of a 30 key Lachenal Anglo. However, it came in the sort of case we used to keep single vinyl records - not very kind to the instrument.

- Apart from shops like Hobgoblin (who seem to be perpetually out-of-stock), I can't see a place to get a decent case.

- Also I can't tell if (when I look at one on the net) the case actually IS decent.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

I'm in the UK and have just got hold of a 30 key Lachenal Anglo. However, it came in the sort of case we used to keep single vinyl records - not very kind to the instrument.

- Apart from shops like Hobgoblin (who seem to be perpetually out-of-stock), I can't see a place to get a decent case.

- Also I can't tell if (when I look at one on the net) the case actually IS decent.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

The Hobgoblin 'standard' size concertina case:

http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/GR4872-p-Co...andard-Page.htm

They are quite well made and should be OK for your Lachenal.

It's worth contacting Hobgoblin by phone, as they may well have one on display which they can send you.

Also, last time I enquired a few weeks ago, The Music Room in Clecky had a couple of similar hard cases available ('in the stock-room upstairs') which are not shown on their website. It's worth giving them a call.

http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/index.php

Hi

try a Storm 2075mi (I think that's the number). it certainly holds an English treble and I believe Thomas Concertinas use the same case for their Anglos.

chris

Hi

try a Storm 2075mi (I think that's the number). it certainly holds an English treble and I believe Thomas Concertinas use the same case for their Anglos.

chris

Thanks Chris,

I can't find anything more about these on the web - any more info' would be really good. If you haven't any - no bother.

Thanks

E

For my baritone I use what used to be called a vanity case, something close to this -

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-American-Touri...314123337QQcmdZ

I think mine is a bit nicer looking, being a simple blue color. I stumbled across another one at a garage sale and bought it "just in case" for concertina number two.

Bob Tedrow, who made my baritone, told me he uses the same thing.

NNY

Edited by NoNaYet

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

John Fallon makes great custom cases. You can reach him at http://www.falloncases.com/.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

You could try making one. After looking around and finding that cases cost a lot ($400 Aus) to have made to order - I decided to have a go. It turned out OK though I am not that great at making 'stuff'. It's a pretty simple box that is blocked inside and then covered by vinyl... Though I must confess it took some time. In the end it saved a few hundred dollars also - bonus!

Dave

post-6826-1243548825_thumb.jpg

Edited by lawton_dave