Interesting Book on British Music Hall

I recently purchased an antique book called British Music Hall - An Illustrated Who's Who from 1850 to the present day by Roy Busby (Paul Elek London and New Hampshire USA) 1976 (ISBN 0236400533)

It features a few Concertina players including Perci Honri, Little Tich, The Elliotts and Savonas

It has some interesting articles on most of the well known Music Hall artists and includes photos for some.

If you are doing any research on Music Hall and I can be of any assistance with this book please let my know. Sadly many of the obscure artists are not included,but I will look it up for you if you contact me.

Al

I didn't realised that Little Tich played the concertina. This isn't mentioned on Wikipedia, however it does say that he had five fingers and a thumb on each hand. This would be quite an asset when playing the concertina.

Edited by Poaceae

I recently purchased an antique book called British Music Hall - An Illustrated Who's Who from 1850 to the present day by Roy Busby (Paul Elek London and New Hampshire USA) 1976 (ISBN 0236400533)

A very interesting book, by the sound of it Al, but just to be pedantic, a book published in 1976, is hardly antique, it's just old. ;) To be properly called antique, an item has to be over 100 years old, I believe.

Chris

A very interesting book, by the sound of it Al, but just to be pedantic, a book published in 1976, is hardly antique, it's just old. ;) To be properly called antique, an item has to be over 100 years old, I believe.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Although I feel somewhat antique at times, obviously I'm not.

Ian

Chris

Thanks Chris. Although I feel somewhat antique at times, obviously I'm not.

Ian

Does this make us Bric a Brac? :(

Or possibly "Collectable" :rolleyes:

Al

Pedantry's useful sometimes Chris. While working for a living today another editor got exasperated about something and told me I was being pedantic - and naturally I decided to take it as a compliment! ;-)

Gav

Pedantry's useful sometimes Chris. While working for a living today another editor got exasperated about something and told me I was being pedantic - and naturally I decided to take it as a compliment! ;-)

Gav

Take heart from Stephen Fry's, definition, Gav. "If you're the kind of person who insists on this or that 'correct' use... abandon your pedantry as I did mine. Dive into the open flowing waters and leave the stagnant canals be... Above all, let there be pleasure!"

Chris