Smiling

I shudder to think of what might be hiding in Mr. Lucas' freezer :ph34r:

I have some nice sour cherries, waiting to be made into cherry pie. But that's because they're virtually unknown in Denmark, so if I'm in Poland during the right season I bring a couple of kilos home and freeze some.

I don't think donkey or monkey ever came onto the plate. . . only because they don't run wild in New England!

Politicians, then, of one persuasion or another? ;)

Do we get lunch?

Depends. Can you smile when you taste my cooking? B)

I can!

Samantha

Okay, so, it looks like TWO people pass my self-styled 'Iowa Test Of Basic Skillet Skills.' That indicates that, yes, I could possibly smile while I ate Jim's cooking.

Explanation...

when I lived in Iowa, why out in farmland, my ex-hub and I got invited to eat with some neighbors. (It's more like, OF COURSE, YOU WILL COME EAT WITH US, out there...or, you're weird....)

I was sick the night we were suppose to go and I missed the possum stew. (Whew!)

But, I was well enough to go eat the hog nuts. (Sorry, piggies.)

I recall sitting there in front of my plate of piggie parts, and noticing that these Iowa people were not dead, they lived, even though they'd been eating this stuff for years.

So, I was neighborly....

And, I'm still here on earth....in Massachusetts, though. :D

So, anyway, since I'm still awake and blabbing (not for long)...

Re my post previous to this one -- that reminded me of another funny food story:

In Iowa, same cow pasture, I happened to meet this elderly lady at a church meeting who walked right up to me and introduced herself. I remember being quite impressed with how striking she looked, even being as (very) old as she was. Turns out she'd been a successful and beautiful fashion model in New York City when she was younger.

Anyway, one day she told me that she'd 'still had the corn shucks coming out of her ears' when she went to the city. She saw SWEET BREADS on the menu at a restaurant, and thought it was...well, of course, bread that was sweet!

She said she was very shocked when she got her plate of ... what is it, brains? Thyroid parts? I dunnoh, but...animal parts.

Anyway, when she and I were in the restaurant together, we stuck with coffee or tea, and toast. We both knew what that was! :lol:

Years ago, after a night of "dining and dancing" in Missoula , Montana, the thing to do was to end up at the Oxford Club for brains and eggs. You could make your way across town by ducking from one bar across the alley into the next, and so on until at closing time you arrived, hammered and hungry and in a mood of...affected discernment.

To this day, the smell of scrambled eggs has the power to whisk me back through the years.

Right. I'll just have another pint, thanks.

To this day, the smell of scrambled eggs has the power to whisk me back through the years.
But where exactly does it whisk you? Back to praying at the porcelain altar perhaps?? I just can't imagine what eggs and brains look like in their regurgitated form. . . especially if Guinness was involved.

But where exactly does it whisk you? Back to praying at the porcelain altar perhaps?? I just can't imagine what eggs and brains look like in their regurgitated form. . . especially if Guinness was involved.

Did your brains get scrambled as well? :D

- john

:D Well, THIS saves me from the dreaded trip to an orthodontist (haven't been in years, and it's a bit obvious...). I'll just keep my vulgar mouth! As long as I'm not the only one... heheh

:D I went to the dentist, yesterday!!!!

The news isn't so bad...so far.

I had a lot of pain yesterday after getting my gums poked with a stick, but, today things are much better.

They took so many x-rays, I must truly have a RADIANT smile... :( :D