Who is this?

This photo is of a chap in his 20s, perhaps, with black wavy heair and beard. It was taken at Wayzgoose ceilidh club in south London, 22.6.73. Any ideas?
could it be neil wayne.

No, it doesn't look remotely like him. Anyway, he plays Anglo.

I wonder if this is a younger version of Stephen Chambers.

I don't! :rolleyes:

This photo is of a chap in his 20s, perhaps, with black wavy heair and beard. It was taken at Wayzgoose ceilidh club in south London, 22.6.73. Any ideas?

Lea Nicholson ?

could it be neil wayne.

No, it doesn't look remotely like him. Anyway, he plays Anglo.

You don't wonder. Because it isn't or it is?

You don't wonder. Because it isn't or it is?

Because it doesn't look like me, I wasn't in London, I didn't have a beard, nor an Æola in 1973, and I've never had black hair. Will that do? :unsure:

Not in disguise then ?

Al :ph34r:

Hi everyone,

that guy in the picture looks a bit like Noel Hill. Please no offence, Noel Hill, if you read this. ;) The only thing is that Noel Hill doesn't play an English concertina; he plays the Anglo; but saying that, it brings me to think that maybe Noel Hill had a go at the English concertina back then. :o

Best Wishes to all,

Patrick :D

I wonder if he is a player or some one trying out an English (perhaps a baritone??) for the first time? His fingers are quite high up the keyboard and he isn't using the attached wrist straps, so might not have been a very experienced player.

Looks a bit like Mike Gabriel? (Mike and Jackie Gabriel, from Cheltenham I think, used to sing around the UK folk clubs around that time; some great harmonies as I recall, but can't remember if Mike played concertina....)

Then again, it might just be Generic 1970s Folkie number 5345348 :lol:

MC

Guest Peter Laban
that guy in the picture looks a bit like Noel Hill

No he doesn't, certainly not considering when the picture was taken.

Below a pic of Hill from the cover of the 'Inchiquin' recording, which was himself, Tony Linnane, Kieran Hanrahan and Tony Callanan. From 1976.

NoelHillInchiquin.jpg

Edited by Peter Laban

Having watched recently the complete " Life on Mars" series - the british one - and now this, I'm glad I was a child in the seventies and not an adult! :blink: :lol:

Cheers,

Fer

I say... his hair didn't look very neat back then, but I guess it's a better hair-do than what ones you see on young yahoos around here in Australia. Anyway, it was probably the fashion, even though I don't care about what's good today or tomorrow or whatever. I just wear whatever suits the weather. ;) :lol:

Regards,

Patrick

P.S. But I'm not the kind of person who judges people by their looks. I focus on the inside of a person, what their traits are and other things on the inside. It's something all people should practise, but good looks are alright, as long as you don't use them to attract people to you or you don't get plastic surgery done. ;)

Edited by Patrick King

But I'm not the kind of person who judges people by their looks.

Neither do I. But it seems that the fashion in the 70's was a competition for to be as ugly as sin! :lol: Honestly, the first time I saw the video of Steeleye Span 'All around my hat' - by the way, one of my favourite songs -, I almost suffered a heart attack! :blink:

And I've not talking about faces, but about horrible hairstyles, clothes, shoes, sideburns,etc... OMFG

Cheers,

Fer

But I'm not the kind of person who judges people by their looks.

Neither do I. But it seems that the fashion in the 70's was a competition for to be as ugly as sin! :lol: Honestly, the first time I saw the video of Steeleye Span 'All around my hat' - by the way, one of my favourite songs -, I almost suffered a heart attack! :blink:

And I've not talking about faces, but about horrible hairstyles, clothes, shoes, sideburns,etc... OMFG

Cheers,

Fer

I have a few fav. songs, Fer. (See my interests in my profile)

Well, I have a very poor knowledge of concertina players. There's got to be a hundred or so I don't know about. So, it would probably be impossible for me to come up with the answer. I don't know many English concertina players. :lol:

Cheers,

Patrick