Yankee Polka

OldDog

Hi,

I'm tying to find either the abc notation or the sheet music for two tunes that are on the recent "English International" CD set.

The first is Disc 3, Track 8: 'Yankee Polka', played by Sarah Graves.

Next is Disc 3, Track 24: 'Spot The Tune Rag', played by Martyn Bradley. I'm not interested in the little bits he stuck into the tune, but rather the base melody. I know it as the 'Gastonia Gallop'. That is on an old harmonica record from about 1928.

I've looked in 'Fiddler's Companion', 'JC's abc tune match at Trillian.mit', 'The Session' and 'Tune-O-Tron' - all on the web, as well as in 'O'Neill's Music of Ireland', but I can't find either. 'Gastonia Gallop' probably can be found, but under another name, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Paul N.

Edited by OldDog

Hi,

I'm tying to find either the abc notation or the sheet music for two tunes that are on the recent "English International" CD set.

The first is Disc 3, Track 8: 'Yankee Polka', played by Sarah Graves.

Next is Disc 3, Track 24: 'Spot The Rag', played by Martyn Bradley. I'm not interested in the little bits he stuck into the tune, but rather the base melody. I know it as the 'Gastonia Gallop'. That is on an old harmonica record from about 1928.

I've looked in 'Fiddler's Companion', 'JC's abc tune match at Trillian.mit', 'The Session' and 'Tune-O-Tron' - all on the web, as well as in 'O'Neill's Music of Ireland', but I can't find either. 'Gastonia Gallop' probably can be found, but under another name, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Paul N.

There's a tune called The New York Yankees Polka available as sheet music for the chemnitzer http://www.concertinamusic.com