Deja vu: Bradford on Avon English Session moves again

Oh yes it is! After 4 months at our present home we are moving again, and this time full circle, back to the George in Woolley Street that we left 9 months and 4 pubs ago. Don't ask ...

We're back there this coming Monday 11th May, then every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 8.30.

Chris

Oh yes it is! After 4 months at our present home we are moving again, and this time full circle, back to the George in Woolley Street that we left 9 months and 4 pubs ago. Don't ask ...

We're back there this coming Monday 11th May, then every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month from 8.30.

Chris

Well, Chris, for whatever it's worth, difficulty in finding a stable venue it is a global phenomenon....I guess playing this sort of music is an acquired taste.

Except in Ireland, where the paying tourists have been well-trained to expect it! :)

Dan

... in Ireland, ... the paying tourists have been well-trained to expect it! :)

:lol: That may be true for some places, but it'd take an exceedingly determined tourist to find the last few sessions I've been to - the ones in Cree, Cooraclare, Mullagh (that I took you to last year, Dan) and Kilmihil are very much for the benefit of the locals around these parts!

Except in Ireland, where the paying tourists have been well-trained to expect it! :)

Judging by my very slight experience of sessions in Ireland, it's the ones tourists don't know about that I enjoy, especially because tourists have been conditioned to belive that speed = virtuosity, and of couse the tourist sessions oblige.

Hmmm, perhaps there are advantages to English music's relative obscurity after all ...

Chris

Chris

Shilling a go ? :P

Chas