New forum format?!

Is this just my computer or has the way posts in a topic are listed changed? Before the replies in a topic were listed underneath, in a very typical manner, full text and pictures if they were attached.

However, now underneath the main posting is a bar where usually the first reply would have been that says "Postings in this topic" with usernames, and then a link of the first few words in that post, when one clicks on them it brings up the rest of the post so you can read it. There's also a lovely little tangle of lines showing who replied to what post and suchlike. All very organised, but seems to take a lot of clicking to just read the thread. Is this how posts are going to be now?

Call me a luddite, but I like seeing all the posts in a topic down the page as the conversation unfolds.

Anyone else seeing the posts like this or have an explanation?

Is this just my computer or has the way posts in a topic are listed changed? Before the replies in a topic were listed underneath, in a very typical manner, full text and pictures if they were attached.

However, now underneath the main posting is a bar where usually the first reply would have been that says "Postings in this topic" with usernames, and then a link of the first few words in that post, when one clicks on them it brings up the rest of the post so you can read it. There's also a lovely little tangle of lines showing who replied to what post and suchlike. All very organised, but seems to take a lot of clicking to just read the thread. Is this how posts are going to be now?

Call me a luddite, but I like seeing all the posts in a topic down the page as the conversation unfolds.

Go to the "Options" pull-down on the right hand side and under display mode select "switch to standard". That should make it right as rain.

Go to the "Options" pull-down on the right hand side and under display mode select "switch to standard". That should make it right as rain.

Aha! Thanks very much, it's now restored to its usual easy to read self.

Why did it change like that, I wonder?

PS I love the signature..."insanity takes it's toll. Please have exact change." Must remember that.... :P

Aha! Thanks very much, it's now restored to its usual easy to read self.

PS I love the signature..."insanity takes it's toll. Please have exact change." Must remember that.... :P

It is my pleasure to help. I had a similar thing happen a while back, but no idea why.

It happened to me after following a link someone posted to a different thread on the forum. Maybe if a links copied from the toolbar of someone using a non-standard viewing method include that method in the URL, and the software thinks you want to use that mode from now on.