• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Opening this thread up again!

I'm wondering if I could do anything to help get a high-quality scan uploaded for everyone's use. The existing copy is tantalizing, but just difficult enough to make out (especially the fingering suggestions) that it's not really usable for me. I'd be happy to do the honors if someone wanted to send me the original, though I'm in the US so it would be a bit of a journey for the book.

-Josh

Opening this thread up again!

I'm wondering if I could do anything to help get a high-quality scan uploaded for everyone's use. The existing copy is tantalizing, but just difficult enough to make out (especially the fingering suggestions) that it's not really usable for me. I'd be happy to do the honors if someone wanted to send me the original, though I'm in the US so it would be a bit of a journey for the book.

-Josh

Josh--

I'd suggest that you send Al Cadogan (HallelujahAl!) an e-mail or PM.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, Daniel,

Do you (or anyone) have other contact information for Al? I tried sending him a PM about two weeks ago but it looks like he hasn't checked his mail since then.

Thanks,

Josh

I don't. If no one else offers anything, I suppose that you could try through his Salvation Army corps: chesterfield@salvationarmy.org.uk .

• 2 weeks later...

I took a look at the pdf. With some playing around I could recreate it in 600 (maybe 1200) dot per inch tiff (huge) or jpg (smaller and probably no loss) or even gif files. Those files would be expanded in size to remove the edges (made to fit 8.5X 11 paper -- I think A size would manage that well), straightened, and adjusted to give something close to a black and white image that would be much clearer. The end result could be put back into a pdf for easy use by folks. It would take me at least a couple of hours to do this, but if there is enough interest I'd be willing to try it...AFTER I get back from a trip on May 1. Indicate your interest here and I'll check back around that date.

Hi, Daniel,

Do you (or anyone) have other contact information for Al? I tried sending him a PM about two weeks ago but it looks like he hasn't checked his mail since then.

Thanks,

Josh

By coincidence, I am visiting a friend next weekend, who knows Al Cadogan, and Al has kindly invited us both round to his house, next saturday, for afternoon tea and to play a few tunes on our Englishes! It seems like the perfect opportunity to ask him about the Salvation Army Tutor and the possibility of obtainig a good copy of it to scan and upload in PDF format, for our benefit. Watch this space. I shall see what Al says/recommends and report back upon my return.

Chris

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news on this? ^

Yes. I remember a few threads when it was finished.

http://www.concertina.net/learning.html#saec

Thanks

Leo

Hi, all,

Unfortunately, this is still that same not-terribly-clear copy. I would really love to help get a high-quality scan available to anyone; is there someone who has a copy they'd be willing to lend me for this purpose?

Thanks,

Josh